TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nice Frigde=Bruised Tailbone

This is a nice fridge, don't you think? 
We have always had the normal kind of fridge, with zero bells and whistles.  So when my mom offered to switch us with this one that sits in her garage, I jumped at the chance.  We drove down one Tuesday night to switch them.  Damien and my dad somehow managed to get our fridge unloaded and the nice cool fridge into our truck.  My parents were worried about how we would get it out when we got back home to Shelley, but we assured them we would find a neighbor or someone to help.  Well, when we got home, we didn't walk 20 feet to our neighbors (who were outside anyway and totally would have come help) but thought we could just do it on our own.  Damien scooted the fridge all the way to edge of the tailgate, and then we each got on a side.  The plan was that we would count to 3, lift our side and put it down on the driveway.  Well, we count 1, 2, 3-I lift, and so does Damien.  The only problem was that I have no arm strength so when we lifted, the fridge didn't budge on my side but came right on over top of me from Damien's side, causing me to fall right on my behind and the fridge came on top of me.  I had one leg up hold the fridge from crashing down on me and I am sure it was a pretty sight.  Needless to say, I cried for about two hours straight because I was in such enormous amount of pain and said over and over how I would never make fun anyone who had to sit on a donut pillow.  I never did get one of those babies, but it took about two weeks until I could sit without wincing or holding my breath!  Yes, Damien does feel awful about it, even though I would catch him laughing his head off picturing me under that fridge!!!  If I had known we would move in two months, I would have just stuck it out with the old fridge!

No comments: