TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Thursday, December 17, 2009

{much needed update}

My husband is embarrassed that I have my Christmas background and header up but the last post on our blog is about Halloween!!! I have been a little behind on the bloggin', and wish I could say it's because I'm all caught up on my house, my laundry, my scrapbooking, etc. but quite honestly, I feel like I'm running a mad dash for the finish line but not moving an inch in just about every aspect in my life right now! I've decided to take a few minutes out of my oh so interesting and exciting to life to give you all a little update...


Highlights from the last few months....

Eden is growing up so quick, as well as all the other kids. I am amazed at how much they all love this little one, but seriously, one look at this...

and how could you NOT just love her??? Addison loves to get in her crib and lay by her, both when she's supposed to and when she's NOT supposed to. She worries when she cries, and is quick to give her a hug, kiss, blanket, or toy when this happens.


The boys are also very attached to Eden, particularly McKoy. I think it's because he is home with mom all day now, and he has really stepped up to be a good helper. He carries Eden all over the house (much to the dismay/shock/horror of any visitors) and pretty much entertains her if needed. Carter is ready for Christmas break from school and thinks it's really unfair that his dad is already on break (Ririe got out on the 18th) and he still has to go until the 23rd. They like to tease each other about it! He is doing great in school-reading really good and has excellent handwriting. He had a hard time there for a little bit with recess-he was having a hard time finding friends (which made me worry and cry and lose sleep over because I felt so bad for my little boy---what am I going to be like when he is in high school and he actually has life altering choices to make!!! Yikes!) Both boys are very tender hearted and sensitive about their sisters and family, and We celebrated Damien's 27th birthday on November 10th. Of course I called the radio station to have them announce it on the radio waves, along with getting him a chance to win the Baker's Dozen dounts, and would you know it but HE WON!!! So that started it off with a bang! His basketball team surprised him at lunch by singing and celebrating, and the kids and I interrupted practice that afternoon with cake and ice cream. Mike and Tammie watched the kids for us while we went to Texas Rhodehouse for even more celebrating. It was a fun day and I hope Damien knows how grateful I am for him. (We celebrated our eight year anniversary on December 14th-can you believe it's already been eight years???) He is such a great husband and provider for our little family as well as a great father to our kids. I am thankful for him more and more each day we are together. I tend to miss him a lot this time of year, as he is super crazy busy with coaching those Lady Bulldogs, but have been grateful for his extra effort to make his time at home pleasant and make us feel involved with his coaching and team. Speaking of that, the team is doing awesome so far-they are 9-2 now-and have just starting conference play, so we are hoping to get some wins against some of those teams. (Ririe has not won a conference game since my little sister Amber's senior year!!!) I have been impressed with Damien's coaching philosophies and the way he has made this group of girls into a real team. The girls work hard and are really enjoying the season I think. So proud of him!!!We traveled down to Salt Lake for our family Christmas party the first weekend in December. Sadly, my camera batteries died after only a few pictures were taken (of course it did!) so I only have a couple to share. If I have someone email me some I will be sure to post them! Here are three of the littlest angels. McKenna, Addison, and Sydney
We enjoyed a yummy dinner, present exchange, and nativity. We sure missed my mom and dad, but broke out the lap top to Skpe them. That's all I am going to say right now about those two, frankly I can't really think about it. I am just SLIGHTLY missing them. * **swallow lump*** ***blink back tears*** I broke out in tears during our Sunday School lesson, Damien leans over and asks whats wrong and broke out laughing when I said, "I miss my mom." I think the holidays are making me a little weepy! They have always made this time of my life so special, and I am trying to pass that tradition on to my children. SO grateful for them! Ok, done talking about it....for now....

We want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and wonderful Holiday Season!

9 comments:

The Hurd Herd said...

Your little family is so cute. I am totally with you on missing the parents! It has been a year for me...6 months left! I really miss them this time of year. I have had several "I miss my mom!" moments, especially when my baby was first born!

Halli said...

Oh Ash, I love reading your blog posts! Eden is so cute! I hope you have a great Christmas with your little family!

Halli said...

Hee Hee... I just noticed Carter is wearing a pink jersey... :0)

Jane said...

I'm glad you updated your blog. I like to keep up on what's happening with your cute family. You are doing a great job continuing the traditions you had as a child. I'm glad you had a Baldwin Christmas Party!

Chelsea said...

I am happy you updated your blog!! Your kids are so cute!! I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!!!!!

isaacandruth said...

Ashley - you have the most insanely cute family on the planet! Those pics are adorable! Hope you're doing well and hope you had an awesome christmas! x

Amber McArthur said...

What a fun update! I love the picture of Adds hugging Mckoy. It's hilarious! And Eden looks fabulous in her Christmas dress and looks so big in the bumbo! We can't wait to party for New Year's with you!

Tyler and Caryn said...

Ash, it was so great to have lunch with you the other day! It was nice catching up, but I am glad you have such a great blog that makes me feel like I'm always in the loop. I love reading it! Cute pictures and fun update!

timandcindyhowe said...

Love it Ash. You guys are adorable. I wish I could have been there to meet up with you all. Happy New Year! (I think your Christmas background is really cute...and you can tell Damien I said so.)