TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Monday, September 21, 2009

{blessed}

We blessed our sweet baby Eden on September 6th. She was given a beautiful blessing by her daddy, and was surrounded by her uncles, grandpa, and even a great grandpa (she was sure missing Grandpa Baldwin, but knows he's in a good place!)


I am really kicking myself now about the total LACK of pictures I took that weekend, but will try to journal those memories so I can look back on it in twenty years and remember it! We had a house full, which is the way I like it, for Eden's special day. Damien's mom, Karen, her sister Vicki and her husband Doug, along with Great Grandma and Grandpa Spence made the trek up to Shelley to support us on this big day. It was good to see them, it just doesn't happen often enough, and we really appreciated them coming. All of my brothers and sisters were able to make it too, except Nicholas and his fam, and Nate (Ledge and Meggan were here though) . Mike and Tammie and the boys, and Zane and Rachael, were there also. They were all such a big help, cooking and cleaning and preparing. I don't know what I'd do without them! We made a yummy brunch after sacrament meeting. We served pancakes (plain, blueberry, and chocolate chip) with yummy toppings like strawberries and cream and coconut syrup (oooh delish-I'll post the recipe on kitchen to kitchen soon). Tammie and Mike whipped those up, along with my chef-of-a-husband, Damien and awesome egg maker Jake Poulter, who cooked sausage scrambled eggs and hash browns. Wash that all down with orange juice or chocolate milk, and you have yourself a feast!!! Again, thanks for all your help everyone!



Eden has grown so fast, it makes me get all choked up while I'm typing this. I had the chance to bear my testimony (and I'm totally ashamed to say that the last time I bore it was at ADDISON'S blessing-no, stop figuring out how many years ago that was....it has been a while!) and all I remember saying is how I've always wanted to be a mother and how I was thankful for Damien making it possible for me to stay home and be my kid's mom. (I tend to blab and blubber for the duration of my testimony bearing, hence the reason for it being so few and far between) But I really am thankful for that. It is so easy for me to get overwhelmed and stressed out with everyday life, but when the day is over and the kids are finally in bed (after almost pulling my own hair out so I don't lose it and pull theirs, or thinking it was great that I only had to yell at them four times tonight-ha hahaha hope some of you moms are laughing not shaking your heads in utter shock and disbelief of what a bad mom I am) I get to sit in silence (or to the sound of NFL commentaters from the game Damien is watching) and think about how cute they are, how fun they are, how special, how sweet, etc, etc, etc....I really am blessed....why do I keep forgetting that though?

5 comments:

Halli said...

Oh Ash, I got a little choked up reading how you've always wanted to be a mom. I have those same feelings and look forward to being a mom someday. Love you!

Amber McArthur said...

Eden looked so pretty in her dress! I forgot to tell you I wrote down some of the blessing so I will type it up and email it to you-between yours and mine maybe it will be as good as moms :).

You are a great mom! You really have always wanted to be one...I guess that is why you got a cabbage patch doll on your 12th birthday :)!

Lettie said...

You are a great mom. Better than me by far, just ask my kids. When someone asks who watches my kids, I'm honored to say you do. I'm sure to tell everyone what an amazing person you are and how lucky I am that you are willing to take care of Madi and Gabe while I work. Thanks for all that you do.

Tyler and Caryn said...

What a beautiful dress! Eden looks angelic! Sounds like it was a very special and wonderful day!

Jake and Megan said...

Eden is just so pretty! She is getting so big!