TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Friday, May 29, 2009

Outdoor Adventures

To start off, I will just apologize for all the pictures! I should have done a slide show, but I did this post during the last three days, and every time I'd walk by the computer, I'd upload another few pictures. Before I knew it, they were about fifteen! I never have a couple hours where I can sit and do a nice long post, so I have to fit it in when I get a minute.

I wanted to post these pictures and journal about our Memorial Weekend before it's the Fourth of July! We had planned on going camping with Mike and Tammie, but the last few weeks I have not been feeling very well. I'll spare you most of the details, just have been really dizzy/passing out feeling and had really bad migraines. (which I've never had before and my sympathies go out to those of you who have them lots) I have been REALLY tired with this pregnancy and could sleep all day AND all night and probably still be tired!!! Damien could see this, and being the great husband that he is, offered to take the kids while I just stayed home and rested. (isn't that nice?) So we had everything packed up to go for all the kids and him to go, but the night before they were to leave, Addison hardly slept a wink and had a bad fever all night. She was plumb miserable! I knew it would not be fun for anyone if she were to go with them, so decided she'd better stay home with Mom. (it's a good thing too, because she was fevered and not feeling good straight through Monday) Damien did a great job taking pictures of their "boys weekend". Carter helping out by splitting fire wood (not sure about the safety aspect of this activity-hehehe)
McKoy having a blast shooting guns (again, safety aspect questionable)

All the boys and their guns (I love this picture of all of them. How fun to have a hobby everyone loves. And I'm kidding about the questionable safety aspect-both Damien and Mike have taught all these little boys how to handle a gun the right way. I'm grateful to have these good men for these little boys to look up too)

Cody and Carter target shooting while McKoy relaxes by the fire

More boys, more guns

Probably the #1 reason I love to camp (okay maybe not #1 but pretty dang close)
Mike's Dutch Oven Cooking!!!!


Here's Koysie taking a swing at chopping wood


This is such a good little boy, who I missed so much while they were gone

Grandpa taking the kids for a ride


Doesn't that look like a blast? They'd do it all day if Grandpa was up for it!
These next pictures are actually from a couple of weekends ago when we did Sunday dinner with them.

McKoy driving Addison around in the jeep. She loved this and didn't want to ever get out.

McKoy with one of his "treasures" he found while exploring. Probably some sort of bug, snake, or worm...


Okay, I wasn't going to post this picture because of the fact that I'm looking thin and gorgeous in it, but then realized how silly that would be because this is me now, so it's getting posted. Anyway, I am thankful for the people standing by me. I have great in laws and they really are some of my best friends. (you know it Zane :):):) )

Isn't camo good on her? Could she be any cuter?
Wow, that's the end of it! Long post, sorry! I'm glad to have it all down though. These memories we make fade so quickly in my mind and I really want to remember life like it is now, because according to Darius Rucker "it won't be like this for long...." (I know that made you all start singing....)

7 comments:

Amber McArthur said...

Can I just say that you are hilarious? The gun safety and the Darius Rucker comment really got me laughing :)! Your post made me homesick! I want to go camping with you guys! We will have to do it sometime this summer and Adds looks fantastic in camo! Where did you get those? They are adorable!

Carts is growing up so blasted fast-and Koys too! They are such nice boys! We lub all of em!

Halli said...

Addison looks so good in camo! Hee hee... So nice of Damien to offer you a relaxing day at home.... We miss you guys!

The Hurd Herd said...

That looks so fun! I have never actually been camping (unless you count girl's camp, which I don't!)! I am sorry that you haven't been feeling well. My sickness has lasted longer than I want and I keep saying, "Well, I guess I will feel better in 6 months!" I hope they can figure out a way to help you!

Jake and Megan said...

Looks like lots of fun! Coy & Carter look reall cool with their guns. July is so around the corner! Hopefully I feel better by then so I can give you some help!

Sabra said...

LOVED the pictures. In fact it reminded me a bit of my childhood....all those boys and guns.. :)

Sorry to hear that you've been so sick! Sounds like it has been a hard pregnancy for you. Are you anemic? I blacked out a lot and WAS so tired with my pregnancy, I guess it was from low Iron.

I love Addison's little Camo Outfit. So cute.

kjjaco5 said...

So good of him to take the kids! So nice! AND take pics!!! WOW! Kyle didnt even take any pics when we had lexie... NOT ONE! So I have no hopital pics of her. :( Just saying GOOD JOB Damien!

The Wright Family said...

Great pics! I just LOVE camping!