TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Lil' Soldier Turned 7!!!


Carter had his SEVENTH birthday, Sunday, June 7th.

He's only been looking forward to this since June 8, 2008, so the anticipation was overflowing by the time it finally came around again. On Sunday after church, we went to Mike and Tammie's for a birthday celebration. Carter shares his birthday with his Grandpa Smith so it is pretty special for the both of them. My camera's batteries were dead and with it being Sunday and all, I didn't go buy more, so Tammie took a bunch of pictures of that day and I will post them as soon as I get them from her, so CHECK BACK!!!

Monday, Carter had his first "Friends" birthday party. I call it a Friends party, even though more than half the kids there were cousins! :) When I asked him who he wanted to invite, most of the names his listed happened to be related to him. We are glad they are all good friends. Carter thought and thought about what kind of party he wanted, and finally came up with "ARMY" theme. (I was suprised-thought for sure he'd pick sports, hunting, or something we are more fimiliar with, but Army was fun too) We sent out these invites...(I don't know if you'll be able to read them or not....sorry if you can't!!! I made them using digital scrapbooking stuff I download free, then took them to Wal-Mart to get them printed. It is so easy and so cheap, and that's what I like about it!!!!)


Here's the majority of the soldiers reporting for Basic Training...a few aren't in this picture though.

Me and my little soldiers decked out in our camo

McKenna sitting on McKoy's lap-such good friends and cousins... Spencer and Stockton Sheets-best bro's (Jill and her kids were able to come to the party-Carter was SOOOO excited)

Grandma brought Grandpa's old uniform from when he was in the National Guard to show to the kids. Kinda makes me get choked up thinking how it won't be long until Carter can really fit into it...

Ripping open the presents...Might be time to do some playroom cleaning and a trip to DI....
This a huge super soaker squirt gun that he is so excited about. I told him if mom ever gets shot by this certain gun, he will lose a finger!! Ha ha ha! I'm not THAT mean, I'll totally let him choose what finger he wants to loose...
I love his face in this picture, just a tad bit jaw dropped, don't ya think???
a machine gun, just what every little boy needs to sneak up behind his mom (or grandma-and yes we both take after Grandma King)
The Army Tank Cake (I'll do a post soon about my favorite birthday cake website)

And I had to throw in a picture of this cute little staff Sargent enjoying her piece of cake!

We had a blast with a Basic Training Obstacle Course, Paper Airplane Making and Target Landing, Airplane Freeze Tag, and Squirt Gun Target Shooting. The kids loved their camo soldier headbands and I loved that all the kids were wearing some sort of camo/soldier gear when they came. I am so glad to have been able to do this party for Carter-he is such a good kid and really deserves this kind of thing every now and again. Can't believe he is already seven though!!! Wasn't this just like last week?????

How time flies! I have been so blessed to be his mom!
(and if you thought birthday stuff was done, your WRONG! We are going to my mom's tonight for a combined party for Carter and Ledger (Nate and Meggan's, turning the big number ONE) so I'll be posting pics and thoughts about that party soon too!)

6 comments:

Lettie said...

You come up with the cutest ideas. The birthday cake is really impressive. All of your kids are great, it must have something to do with their parents.

Sabra said...

How cool! You are such a fun mom. I love the invitations. I want to learn more about digital scrapbooking. It looks so neat.

I love the cake. I have been planning a birthday party for Hunter, it is in a few weeks. He wants a Tractor party.

JMP said...

Wow! What an amazing mom you are! We wish we could have been there!

Amber McArthur said...

What a fun party! You are so creative and a pro at cake decorationg. We were saying at the family reunion we should have a cake challenge like on food network but you are not invited to participate :)! I kinda want to see Carts get you with that squirt gun!

Emily said...

What an awesome party! Love the invitations and cake. Maybe you should consider being a party planner/thrower. You are so great at it!

Tyler and Caryn said...

I always love reading your blog and the fun things you do with your family. You always throw such great & creative parties! From the invitations to the cake, what a hit! Looks like you had a lot of "soldiers" in attendance too.
You look great in your picture. I hope I look as cute as you when I'm pregnant! Hopefully you've been feeling better though. When are you due again?