TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday To My Sis....

Today is my little sister, Amber's, 24th birthday!!! I just wanted to say to her "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and "YOU'RE THE GREATEST!!!" Amber and I are only 18 months apart, and growing up were pretty much SIDEKICKS.




Here's some stuff you might not of known about my sis: (most of them you probably won't understand but me and Ams will sure laugh...)


***When Ams was little she used to love to get all decked out in cute outfits, which she'd change like fifty times throughout the day, slick back her hair, and find jewelry to complete her look.


***She likes buttermilk and sour cream. Which is not exactly that weird except she used to eat spoonfuls of sour cream, like it was cool whip. I'm not sure if that's the case today however....I'll have to ask Spence.


***Amber has the most sensitive heart and can cry over anything. I mean ANYTHING. One day we went to Reed's Dairy for ice cream and there was this extremely polite, kind, slightly chubby kid who helped us. When we got out to the car Amber had tears in her eyes. She was all choked up about how kind that kid was and how she hoped people were nice to him at school and stuff...
***She shares my love for Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzards and Peanut Buster Parfaits.


***She's usually my first phone call of the day. (either outgoing or incoming)
***She's always been my best and closest friend. The other day while visiting my mom, we were looking at scrapbooks of when we were a little. I read an entry my mom had journaled about me which read, "Ashley and Amber are the best of friends. The other day Ashley told Amber, "Don't ever give up a sister for a friend! Amber is my best friend!" (Ams, swallow that lump in your throat...)
***We both have little girls now. My little girl is going to become a big sister in a few months. I was so glad to hear we were having another little girl, because I know how fun it is to always have a friend to play with. I want Addison and "Baby Girl" to follow the lead of their moms and be the best of friends!
***Amber has always stood beside me in everything (even though she stands like eight inches taller). I have always been so proud of her and the decisions she has made in her life. And even though I came to earth a little earlier than her, she is wise and strong beyond her years.

4 comments:

Amber McArthur said...

I am wiping the tears already! By the way-I don't eat sour cream like that anymore! :) But thanks for the post! We sure do have some good memories. Thanks for being a great sister.

Halli said...

Oh, you guys are so cute! I love you both!

Chelsea said...

That is really sweet! I hope your girls can be close like that too!

Jake and Megan said...

Amber is a great sister. Ambs is one of kind and I love how she cries so much!