TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Tooth Fairy NEVER Forgets

I have needed to post Carter's exciting news for quite some time now. He has been losing teeth left and right, and here is one of his stories:


Carter's top right tooth started wiggling about two months ago. How excited he was to feel it move, and would ask daily if we thought it was ready to come out yet. We'd of course wiggle it with our fingers, and enthusiastically reply, "Not quite---maybe tomorrow!" This routine went on for what seemed like a full year of his life, yet in reality only about the last couple months. Finally, about a month ago, I felt his tooth and exclaimed, "Oh, it's ready! Let's try to pull it out!" We'd try every technique every written, except for tying it to a toaster and dropping it down the stairs (Cart's didn't think that sounded very fun) and STILL-no luck. We'd wiggle it everyday, and encourage Carter to wiggle it, which he did but STILL-no luck. It seemed to be just hanging on by one tiny little "thread" but just didn't want to come out. One day, while visited Grandma and Grandpa Baldwin, Carter ran inside with a huge bloody smile on his face. Grandpa had pulled it out!!! How excited he was!!!

That night he was so excited to put it under his pillow and see if the Tooth Fairy would come. Also that night, his pregnant mom slept the best she had in months, from nine thirty to about six thirty, until Carter woke her up trying to hold back tears to tell her the Tooth Fairy had forgotten to come! I about DIED knowing I had completely went to bed and slept the night away and forgot my special errand that night! I quickly told him that the Tooth Fairy doesn't EVER forget to come, and he probably just didn't see it. I somehow talked him into laying in my bed to watch some TV while I went in to rock Addison (who happened to start crying at that moment). Before going into the nursery, however, I quickly and oh so quietly slipped into the boy's room and followed through with my much forgotten errand of the night before!!! You should have seen the smile across his face after discovering the dollar bill he'd found later as he exclaimed, "You were right Mom, they Tooth Fairy NEVER forgets!!!"

3 comments:

Teri said...

LOL!!!! Okay so I'm SO glad it wasn't just me! I'm just so glad that we are able to talk just about anything into our sweet little kiddos :) Silly parents!...

Amber McArthur said...

Smooth recovery Ash! Carts looks pretty good without teeth :)! I remember always bawling because I was so scared of losing my teeth! Tell Carts I think he is so tough!

Emily said...

nice... really good recovery. That is so funny! I will have to remember that one!