TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Who Needs a Cookie When You've Got White Bread?

As many of you know, "morning sickness" is a complete falsehood, totally and utterly the biggest farce in the universe, and more than likely named by a man. I have been "blessed" this pregnancy to experience this type of sickness and have had to find little things to help me cope. Lots of days, I would have to lay down, while my children happily watched yet another episode of Fetch with Ruff Ruffman, Word Girl, Cyberchase, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, just to name a few of their favorites. One day, after a morning of feeling really good, and thinking that this just may be the end of my sickness phase, I decided to make cookies. After cooking a few batches, I was suddenly hit by bus, otherwise known as pregnancy nausea. I told the boys they could have a cookie and watch a show, put Addison in her high chair with a cookie and a sippy full of juice, and beelined it for my bedroom. I layed down and tried to think about anything other than puking another time this week. I could hear lots of movement and activity in the other room where the kids were, and just trusted that they were only up to good. About ten minutes later, McKoy quietly knocked on my door and walks in. He hands me this,
and if you can't tell, it's something wrapped in a lined piece of paper. My first thought was of those delicious, fresh baked cookies cooling in the kitchen, at which my stomach lurched, and I hated the thought of opening this cookie and making McKoy feel bad if I had to suddenly run to the toilet and throw up. So you can imagine my surprise when I flip open the paper and find this...a piece of dry white bread!!!! I laughed and laughed until McKoy had thought maybe he had done something wrong, and I quickly explained how thoughtful and kind that was for him to do. He must have been paying a lot closer attention than I thought throughout the past weeks, bringing me dry toast when I was not feeling good. I thought it was so sweet and I had to get the story down so I have a record of it. Carter followed up a few minutes later with this...I am so blessed, and feel very lucky to have such good little boys. Plus, I found a cure for my morning sickness---dry bread and cute notes from my two precious sons!

12 comments:

Jake and Megan said...

what a cute story!Mckoy &Carter are so funny and love to her story about them!

Lettie said...

How sweet. I've told you before, I'd love to take your boys home with me and keep them for myself.

Amber McArthur said...

That is the nicest story I have ever heard! What good boys!

JMP said...

I've got a big lump in my throat!

Halli said...

AWWW.... How sweet!

The Karrens said...

Such a sweet story. Your raising some great boys, because they know how to treat their mama. Hope you get feeling better.

kjjaco5 said...

That is so thoughtful!!! I cried!JES

Tyler and Caryn said...

Precious! So, did you find out what you're having yet? Hope you feel better!

Sabra said...

Sorry to hear that you have been so sick!!! Not fun!

That is such a cute, cute story.

Anna Rhodes said...

That is so sweat! What great kids. I hope you get feeling better soon. By the way I love the reason you blog.

Emily said...

What sweethearts! Thanks for sharing that cute story about your cute boys.

Emily said...

Sweet and thoughtful kids... Just a couple suggestions...

Lemonheads... Sucking on one helped my nausea when I was pregnant with Jackson - so did the smell of rubbing alcohol. I had a really good friend look those things up for me.

Make sure you eat regularly - When I did that the sickness was less. maybe just little snacks all the time. CHanges in smell always set me over.