Yes I know my blogging abilities have faltered in the last two months, but I have some good excuses!!!!
Excuse #1: As you already know, my camera broke, but thanks to my thoughtful cousin, I have her old one now until I can buy one! Thanks Nat, your a lifesaver!
Excuse #2: I had become an addict. To blogging. Seriously everyone, it was bad. I hope I'm not alone when I say this, but I literally spent hours at a time on the computer some days, well most days. This is pretty much how my days would go: wake up, get the kids breakfast, turn the computer on (it's in my kitchen) while eating my filling bowl of cereal and giving half hearted "uh huh's" and "sure's" to my kids, spend a couple hours doing only the absolutely-need-to-be-done chores, getting Carter to school, then put Addison down for a nap while McKoy watches yet another show on the tube, and ahhhhh, I sit in my super uncomfortable chair for the next two hours and blog. As you can probably imagine, my house was quite disastrous, my kids were having way to much unsupervised playtime or watching way too much tv, and my dinners for my hard working husband were hurriedly thought up and thrown together only after my cell phone would ring and he would say "I'll be home in a half hour." It was quite seriously ridiculous. It had to stop. I appreciate all the worried phone calls in my behalf "just checking to see if I was alive since I hadn't blogged for awhile", but I can no longer stand that my feet stick to the kitchen floor, my kids have forgotten the sound of my voice besides me saying "hold on a second", and the backaches and carpal tunnel my body was experiencing!!!!! (please do not take my shallow attempts of trying to make my blogging habits sound humorous too seriously, just trying to be funny, and may have exaggerated slightly)
Excuse #3: We have decided to put our house on the market. We actually love our house and yard, and don't necessarily need to move, but with Damien teaching and coaching at Ririe now, he is gone quite a bit and we would like to be closer. I really like being involved-going to his games and stuff-and it's twice as hard when you're far away. As for the house selling soon, we aren't expecting it to go too fast with the market the way it is, but we figure we have nothing to loose so we might as well try...So I have had to play some serious "catch up" on my household duties because of excuse #1, getting it "show ready" and all. Thank you to my mom, Sister Megan (ha ha, that makes her sound like a nun or something), and Marie for helping me out on those days I am not feeling good.
Excuse #4: Speaking of not feeling good....I have not been feeling good. More like yucky, blah, grrrr, dry heave, vomit, freezing, tired, nauseous, weak...if this is sounding familiar to some of you, yes, we are expecting again! I am only about fourteen weeks along. I am already feeling big (but when you see me, please be polite and keep your eyes from staring at my shouldn't-already-be-showing-but-is belly) and have been hiding in the house for a while in my comfy sweats. I am still not feeling good, but I keep trying to play head games with myself. I tell myself "Wow, I feel good today!" and just keep thinking it over and over. So far it hasn't really worked :), but I'll keep trying! I went to the doctor finally yesterday (she was on her own maternity leave so I had to wait a little longer) and the baby looked and sounded good. The printer on the ultra sound machine was broken so I didn't get a picture to bring home and put on my blog. (sad, because the kids were excited to see a picture of the brother or sister in mommy's tummy) It will never get old, seeing your baby for the first time kicking and squirming around, and hearing the thump-thump of their tiny beating hearts. I feel so blessed to be able to bring another special spirit into our home! I hope to get going a little better on my blogging, but if you check up on us and we dont' have a new post up, just blame it on one of this things! But keep checking back!
18 comments:
Yay, congrats on a new baby!
(And don't feel bad about the sweats...that's all I wear around the house, unless I need to go somewhere, then it's normal pants until I get home and throw on sweats again. I'm just awesome like that, I guess.)
I am SOOO excited for you! Wow #4!!! Fun! Fun! We need to catch up sometime!!!!
Thanks for the invite (again!). Wow! Congratulations on all your exciting news... trying to sell the house and especially expecting! That's awesome!
Congratulations! You have the CUTEST kids, so its great that you are able to bring another into your home. And good luck on selling your house.
Congrats you guys! I think you sound like super-mom! And good luck selling your house too. Are you going to look in Ririe?
And for the blogs, have you tried google reader or bloglines to monitor your blogs for you? It doesn't work for private blogs but for all the others...it sure saves A LOT of time. I love it.
Congratulations! That is exciting!
Congrats! You are like a super - mom! 4 kids already - I'm just getting familiar with having 3! Hope the yucky sickiness stage goes away soon for you!
Very exciting news... a new baby. Oh, I was expecting pictures, since you have a camera to use. Oh and I'm a blogging addict too. Luckily I sit in front of a computer all day at work and the blogging world is easily accessible.
Congratulations! That is so awesome! You definitely have good excuses
YAY!! I'm so excited for you! You are a very good mommy, so don't be too hard on yourself.
When I told RJ that you were expecting number 4 he said, "Tell them to slow down or we will never catch up!!!" :) Congrats my friend!
Congratulations!!! I hope you can sell your house soon! Good luck with everything!!!
Yeah! Congratulations on expecting! That's super exciting. You are such a great mom and could be trusted with 15 kids or more, if you wanted! :) Hope things go smooth for you with selling your house and your health.
I totally feel you on the blog addiction! This was my solution. I make all of my posts on sunday night and set them to post through the week and I use google reader so that I only have to look at a blog if I know there is a post. Both of those things have really cut down my time!
Congratulations on the baby! That is awesome! I can't believe you are having another baby and I still haven't met your other baby! You are a great mom!
Sorry long comment, I should just e-mail!
We are so excited to get another smith baby around.(since you have the nicest babies in the world!) I hear you on the blogging thing. I actually was laughing quite hard about it! You are really funny!
Congrats guys! That's awesome, hopefully it's another girl the Smith family needs the estrogen :)! Hope you get feeling better.
Caryn told me that I should read your blog. (I haven't done anything on blogger for a long time). I think it's because of all the news in it. Congrats on expecting. That's great. I hope that you get feeling better soon.
What great news! Don't feel bad about showing already. I could hardly go bast week 9 without someone making a comment. Daisy even said, "Mom you look like you have a baby in your tummy" before I had told anyone with Violet.
Post a Comment