TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

One Year Older and Wiser Too!

On November 10th, Damien had his 26th birthday! (Yeah, I know...he's getting old! Ha Ha) Check out all those candles!

We had a party on Sunday night, with all the "regulars". (Mike and Tammie and boys, my mom and dad, and Erickson's)
Colter, Mallory, and McKoy

Jace and Grandma

Tammie and Addison


He chose to have Pumpkin Cake for his birthday. It's a yummy one!
Here's the recipe if anyone is interested:
4 eggs
1 c. oil
2 c. sugar
1 lb. or 2 c. pumpkin
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. soda
1/2 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/2 t. cloves
1/2 t. nutmeg
Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Frosting:
6 oz. cream cheese
1 and 1/2 cubes butter
2 T. milk
2 t. vanilla
3 and 1/2 c. powdered sugar
On Monday (his real birthday) he got to go to school! I failed to have breakfast all prepared for him (I think he might have drank a cup of chocolate milk, sad huh) but as soon as he drove away I flipped open my phone. My first call was to KUPI 99...

(you might have to turn up the volume...it's kinda hard to hear...and no, he didn't win the donuts from Baker's Dozen...)

Then I called Ririe High School and made sure they announced his birthday during the morning's news. Damien emailed me a couple of hours later to let me know everyone blew his birthday way out of proportion...I guess a few other classes filed into his first hour class to sing to him! Thanks to whoever did that! I couldn't have planned something that good....McKoy, Addison, and I drove to the school to try and surprise him to take him to lunch, only I thought lunch started at 12:15, not 12:01...so when we walked through the doors, we saw Damien walking to the teacher's lounge with a school lunch in his hands. Needless to say, I failed on that attempt too, but we still took him to a little restaurant and enjoyed spending time with him. McKoy thought it would be a good idea to yell "Surprise" when we saw his daddy, but since he was in the middle of the cafeteria, we didn't. Good idea though, Koysies. That night my parents came to our house and watched our kids for us so we could go to dinner. (Texas Roadhouse again, not that I'm complaining...) We were able to have some of our friends meet us there, and I haven't laughed that hard for a long time! It was so fun to do that! Damien and I enjoyed it a lot! We came home and put the kids to bed, then played a heated game of "Sequence", a gift from my mom. Damien won, but I'm pretty sure he cheated....:)

Happy Birthday Damien!!!! We Love You!!!!

9 comments:

JMP said...

Happy birthday Damien! We hope we get to your party next year! You are great!

The Karrens said...

Happy Birthday Damien! I hope you had a great birthday.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Damien! I hope you had a good day!

Ash good job on the radio call and kudos to the students who came in to sing happy birthday..

You are the awesome homemaker... I don't know how you do all this cute stuff. You are my hero!

Amber McArthur said...

Happy Birthday Damien! That cake looks delicious! Sounds like you all had a pretty eventful day-I am sure Damien just loved all the attention. Ha...Ha..

Jess said...

Happy Birthday! The cake looks delicious, I might have to try it.

Jake and Megan said...

We are glad we make the regular lists! The cake was so yummy! I love that you called in his birthday on Kupi, good idea! i might just have to try that for Jake's b-day, but I would have to call in to z103 because that is all Jake listens too!

Nicholas and Ashley said...

Happy birthday Damien!!! You are getting old..What a good birthday, you do such fun stuff Ash. I will have to try that cake it looks yummy.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Sounds like a Happy Birthday to me! And what a YUMMY cake! What a great wife and mom you are!

Lettie said...

Please add me to your list:
lmessick@co.bonneville.id.us