My mom and dad took a trip to Yakima, Washington a week or so ago to visit my brother, Nicholas, his wife Ashley, and their two little girls, Kate and Savannah. I guess it is kind of famous for having great fruit and my mom brought home a trunk full of apples to prove it! They went to someones house and picked these apples (all for free too) and brought about three bushels (I think) home to can. Megan and I were really excited to make applesauce and apple pie filling!
We had to recruit everyone to help!!!
McKenna loved getting the apples out of the basket to hand to Carter...
and by the looks of the front of his shirt, a darn good "apple washer"...
who gave them to our "apple chopper"...
(My dad was so willing to help, but come to think of it, I don't think we gave him much of a choice...)
1 comment:
What a fun activity. Your boys are good workers-it looks like they learn it from your dad.
Post a Comment