TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Quarter of a Century

I celebrated my 25th birthday on Thursday, October 2nd! I had a wonderful day! That morning, I was awaken suddenly by the flipping of the light switch, and when I sleepily opened my eyes, I saw a big plate of breakfast with a way-to-smiley-for-this-early-in-the-morning six year old boy and his love-to-wake-up-before-the-sun dad. They had made me breakfast in bed-and boy, was it tasty! One of Carter's talents is having a thoughtful disposition, always wanting to make the day special and worrying how to do that. He was so excited to help dad make me breakfast and kept saying, "Isn't breakfast in bed great, Mom?" (It was!) I then spent the afternoon at my mom's and had a yummy lunch with Megan and her and dad. That evening, my parents watched our kids and Damien and I went to dinner. (Texas Roadhouse, of course...) We had fun talking and spending time together.
(Sidenote: I heard this thing on marriage that couples should go out every week (or at least spend time alone together) and have conversations that DO NOT include these three things: 1-business 2-kids 3-money...Damien and I were both like, "What will we talk about then????" But I realized the importance of being friends and having more in common than just those three things. Also, not talking about your kids for two hours while you are at dinner doesn't mean you don't love your children or that you are a bad parent (something else I first thought when I heard this). So that night I tried it, and we actually had a lot to talk about. I like hearing about Damien's thoughts and perspectives on life, and it made me appreciate what I have been blessed with. )
We had a family party at our home last night, Sunday, and enjoyed Damien's yummy chocolate cake and ice cream. I love getting everyone together and visiting!
-Thank you to Mike and Tammie for the Ross Gift Card! I can't wait to put it to good use! You are the best people and I am so blessed to have you in my life.
-Thank you Megan, for the cute holiday tiles, I love them, and my boys can't wait to change the Halloween one to the Thanksgiving one....(I think that's how it's going to be every month)
-Thanks to mom for the cute jacket. I'm wearing it today and I love it!
-Thanks to Amber and Spence for the free overnight babysitting coupon-we can't wait to use it (and don't think we won't)!
-Thanks Cartsies and Koysies for the fuzzy slippers! I love them and they will be great for the winter!
Damien helped them make these awesome birthday cards for me!


I told Damien to just put two candles on one side and five candles on the other, making a 2-5,but he thought it would be funny to actually put all 25 candles on the cake, but we only had one package of candles, which only holds 24, but you get the same affect---it's still ALOT!!!
Addison wasn't sure about the singing...

All the kids had to help me put the fire out!


Thanks for making my birthday so fun and special! I love you all!







14 comments:

Josh, Jessi, Justin and Addison said...

Well, Happy birthday! Looks like you had a good one!

Teri said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!!! What a great birthday with lots of suprises from your kids. Those are the best kind of days. I hope you had a great day!

Teri said...

Oh...and I just caught up on your latest posts...and your family is SO cute! You all look great and looks like you guys have had fun! Girls weekends are the best!

The Dipo's said...

I'm glad you had a better birthday than me! It kinda sucks turning 25. Like I'm no longer aloud to be silly, but have to be responsible now or something. :o) Of course, I don't think anything really did change. :o) Happy Birthday!

Fairytale Foto's by Melanie said...

I am so glad you found our blog. We have been looking at all your family blogs tonight. Your family is so cute! You keep up on your blog so good. I need to keep up on mine better! I hope you are all doing well! Hopefully we'll see you all soon!
Love, The Gunnells

Halli said...

Hope your birthday was great!! Love you lots!

Emily said...

Happy birthday! Doesn't it just seem like yesterday that we were playing family in the suburban? Time is flying way too fast! What a sweet family to take good care of you on your special day! Also, great job on the applesauce! That process looked awesome. You are all such hard and good workers. And your girl's weekend sure looked like a ton of fun! You are all SO pretty!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday!! You have a wonderful family.

Lettie said...

Happy Birthday - just wait till you turn the big 30. It sounds like you had a great weekend.

Amber said...

ASHLEY!! Wow, has it been a long time...I came across your blog after finding Abby's...is it ok if I have you linked to mine? I'd love to hear what you and your family is up to!! If you send me your e-mail to smarts12@hotmail.com, I'll send you an invite so you can see mine!

Amber said...

Oh sorry, this is Amber Powell/Redd, by the way.

Amber said...

Hey Ashley! This is Amber (Kay) Genta. I saw your comment on Jill's blog and thought I would come say hi. Your family is adorable! Looks like all is going well....keep in touch!

Unknown said...

ashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! whats happening, sneeve? i was totally rock-shocked when i saw your comment on my blog, but i am simply elated that you are a blogger and that i can see and read what you are up to! you CUTIE of a mom! you have an entire family and are so put-together! awesome! we should totally keep in touch and i would love to see you sometime! love ya heaps!

Chelsea said...

I am glad you had a great birthday! It sounded fun!