I can't believe it, but Carter started kindergarten last Thursday, the 14th. He has only been ready to go and talking about it for like four months now. I kept thinking that we had so much time before it was here-it seems like I went to bed one night and it was May 31st and then I woke up and its suddenly the middle of August! Yikes-where does the time go? It seriously makes me sad to see these days pass by so quickly. I can almost HEAR my kids getting older and bigger and needing or wanting me less and less......As you can tell, this whole sending-my-child-to-school thing has really got me worked up. I was one of those moms who had to BEG their child to let me walk him to the school instead of letting him get on the bus that first day, and I'm pretty sure he didn't need to hold my hand as we walked up the sidewalk, but I'm sure glad he did! He looked so grown up with his big ole' backpack on and his head straight forward as he walked up to the doors of the school. I got a GINORMOUS lump in my throat and tears just keep wellin'. Yes, I was bawling like a baby as I walked back to the van. And the sad thing is---he's only gone for three hours! I'm already fretting my reaction over first grade!!!! He is such a sweet boy and I know he'll have lots of fun in school!
6 comments:
I can't believe you have a kindergartener! I don't think that is a real word. I keep freaking out thinking about Hannah going to preschool, I can't imagine what my recation will be with kindergarten!
It is so sad for the parents, but so much fun for the kids- bitter sweet.
Carter is such a big boy! He is so smart and seems so old to me! I am glad we get to see him alot! We really love him lots! Especially Jace! I was actually sad too when I sent Jace to kinder! I don't think I will be too sad when McKenna goes--could she go now? (just kidding)You have to love McKenna!
Wow he is growing up fast. I cannot believe he gets to ride the bus, he is brave!!! I bet Mckoy cannot wait till he gets to go.
Oh my goodness - a mommy of a kindergartener! I feel so old when I think about Abi starting school next year!
Hey guys! Wow! Your kids are so cute! So I guess that you're the ring leader behind the whole blogging thing? I somehow ran into your blog and then saw all the links to everybody elses! Well, have a good weekend!
Post a Comment