TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our Fence "Fiesta"

Damien and I have been so overwhelmed with the task of building our wood fence. One day I was expressing my frustrations about the amount of work it was going to take and how long it would take the two of us while talking to my mom on the phone. The next night, we had almost my whole family show up to help us. They were so much help and we were able to get all the posts set in about three hours! I'm sure they had a few sore muscles the next morning but Damien and I sure appreciated it. I am so grateful to have such a good family that is so willing to help with whatever, whenever. Both our families are great! Damien's dad and brother, Zane have spent tons of hours helping to install our sprinkler system and fence. We are so thankful! I thought this was a funny sight-all these cars here to help us that night!!!


My Dad and Damien working side by side...


Nicholas, Megan, and Amber

Spence and Nathan

My Mom spraying weeds to help prepare for grass seed soon

Ashley Cache and Savannah

I counted up how many people we had there that night, including kids, and came up with 21!!!!! What a great turn out! Thanks everyone!!!! I'll be sure to post pictures of the finished product soon!

6 comments:

Nicholas and Ashley said...

That is a funny funny picture of mugs. I am sure she will be glad to see that..We were glad we could help. Nicholas' arms I think still hurt:). We hope you can get it all in soon so you can enjoy your yard and not have new friends visiting everytime you are outside..Good luck. We loved the fish you cooked we will need to get the recipe.

The Hurd Herd said...

Your family has always been so great. Always willing to help and work hard. Owning a home must be so fun, but a ton of work.

Jake and Megan said...

ok-- who told the girl in red to act like karate kid? What a dork! Jace looked at it and said is that you? What were you doing? We are glad we could help! The fence looks really good! I love your new template on your blog.

Damien and Ashley said...

I love that picture of you, Megan! You are seriously one of the funniest prople I know-"ditto" says Damien....

Jonathan & Rachel said...

What an awesome family! You guys are all the greatest!!

Jess said...

The blessings of a big family. You are lucky to have such a close family that all likes to work : )