Sometimes I forget just how amazing Damien is.
I forget sometimes that he didn't grow up with a million cousins, aunts, uncles, and family friends.
I forget he only had one little brother,
and didn't ever have to share a room,
or walk into the kitchen on a Sunday night only to find all the No Bakes were already gone. :)
(Snooze ya lose in our house!!! Ha)
He was just 19 when he was handed a baby and told, "Good Luck!"
From that day, I've seen him soften, and grow.
I've seen him struggle to understand relationships,
but work hard to build them, because he saw value in them.
I've seen him reign in tempers, and dig deep down to find one more ounce of patience.
I've seen him call us together, and lead us in prayer,
even though he didn't learn to do this as a boy.
I've seen him lovingly welcome each baby into our family,
and watch his heart grow with more and more love.
This is an example of this.
After a family get-together during the holidays, Hendrix was walking around, fussing a little, and so tired. Damien picked him up. I noticed Damien talking quietly to him, and soon little Henny had laid his head down,
listening to Damien as he told him whatever he was telling him,
and slowly,
fell asleep. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment