Now that school has begun, I have started doing something I said I WOULD NEVER DO AGAIN!
I'm watching extra kids.
Again.
Today was Day Two of watching six-year old twins, Hailey and Lauren, along with their older sister, Aubrey, who is in 4th grade. (Aubrey is only here sometimes before school to get on the bus and after school when their mom has her long days at work.) The twins are here in the morning and play with Addison and Eden pretty well. I take all three kindergartners to school at 12:00.
I figure since kindergarten pretty much ruins your life for the school year, I might as well watch kids and make a little extra dough. Right???
Then Mrs. Evans, a first grade teacher here, called (after hearing I watch kids, dang grapevine anyway) to see if I'd be interested in watching her 2 month old baby boy, Drew. Of course, I said "yes", since I was born without the ability to say "no" to anyone. This is also quite like the ability of offering to bake an extra cake for a ward function if someone who signed up turns out not being able to come....inside joke with Amber!!! (:
Anyway, back to babysitting...
Drew only needs watched for about ten hours a week, and I thought to myself, "That's an extra $200 a month-just watching him." That's grocery money, people. Or like nine gallons of paint. Or like 50 cans of spray paint. What I couldn't do with 50 cans of spray paint!
So I said "yes".
And today I watched Drew for one hour.
He cried.
The entire hour.
Yep, totally not worth the five bucks I made that hour...
Sigh.
1 comment:
you are a good woman! better start making your list of spray paint colors to purchase...
Post a Comment