TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Damien is a hard one to pull one over on, so this Father's Day I had big plans that I had been thinking about for the last few weeks.  I thought of things he needed, wanted, or didn't have time to do for himself.  The Friday and Saturday before Father's Day, he had a basketball tournament in Carey (he took McKoy and Eden with him) and so I used those days to get everything done. To give him his gifts, the kids and I made a scavenger hunt for him...and these pictures WILL NOT ROTATE so I give up!  Sorry for any neck aches it may have caused! :)

 Clue #1---
A harder worker we've never known,
With this trusty friend you're never alone.
You've traveled miles and miles in this,
We wave and smile and blow a kiss!

This clue led him out to the driveway to where his truck sat-all detailed and looking brand new!  (He won a gift certificate from Smith's Chevrolet at the Senior All Night Party and was excited to get it since it was VERY MUCH NEEDED, but mentioned he'd never have time to take it in and get it done.)
 Clue #2---
You've got serious cooking skills-it's true,
You can bake and broil and BBQ.
But lately the steaks have come off black,
It's not you! A good grill we lack!

This clue led him to a new BBQ grill (and I didn't take a picture), which we have needed to replace for the last few years but never did. Dinner has been tasted so much better lately! :)
 Clue #3---
How proud we are of you and all you've done!
A new job soon-we knew you were the one!
It may include a shirt and a tie,
And we thought this would help you get by!

This led to a cool tie rack that rotates around when you push a button.  He thought it was pretty cool.  (Details about the NEW JOB soon!)
Clue #4---
The great outdoors is something you love,
The trees, the rivers, and skies above.
We know this gift will make you smile,
Heck, even your wife might after a while!


This was the best surprise I have ever pulled off!  He shot this mountain lion a couple of years ago, and it has been at the taxidermy shop getting done, then sitting there done while we slowly saved up money to pay it off.  :)  Well, all his jobs have payed off, because we had enough, now just to find the time to go up there and get it.  He had been talking about it all the time, so I knew it was something he would really love and appreciate.  He was so excited and I hope this little act of kindness shows him just how much we love him!  

No comments: