TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

House Makeover...Sort of

I have been slowly doing a few projects around the house.  I have wanted to paint the family room since we moved in, and finally just dove in and started.  I painted over the orange walls with a nice neutral tan.  I painted all the dark outdated trim white.  We moved out the big heavy desk, got new furniture, a rug, and a tv.  We love it!


Addison has done her fair share of painting in her life.  She can roll with the best of them!




I moved upstaris into the living room and dining room area.  WE got new furniture here too.  I added touches of blue,,and used some of the orange decor from past houses. :)  Even though I loved these pillows, I was needing a different look, so I might try to sell them or something.  

All my black frames were sprayed a creamy white.  It really lightens up the rooms!

Painted this old bench and really love how it turned out.




Probably my favorite change is downstairs-the mantle.  It was a dark,dark wood and didn't stand out or make a statement.  After priming and painting it, I sanded and roughed it up.  It looks great and really stands out now!  I found some good deals on some decor at Ross and TJMaxx for the room and finished it off with hanging the tv and sound bar.  

No comments: