We had planned to sleep in, make a big yummy breakfast, watch church movies about our Savior, go to church, and then to Smith's for Easter dinner, but things did not go as planned!!! About 7 am, Damien woke me up and told me he was having really bad pain in his side. He thought he better go to the doctor. I wasn't overly concerned, but got on the internet to check what clinics would be open on a Sunday morning. I found a Community Care open in Idaho Falls, so we told to kids to grab some cereal and watch TV until we got back. Korver wasn't even awake yet and I figured we would be home before he was. I drove to town, and TO THE WRONG Community Care, of course! Damien grimaced the whole entire time, and I drove as quickly (and safely) to the other side of town and the right Community Care. They got him right in and after only a couple of questions, sent us right over to the emergency room. He had appendicitis and needed to have surgery! I was so surprised and then felt horrible for not taking him very serious. :) He was in so much pain and it was hard to watch him hurting so much.
We were thankful for Mike and Tammie for helping out with the kids while we were in the hospital.
Damien had to stay overnight and was discharged the next afternoon. He had to take the week easy and was going crazy by Wednesday! So thankful he is back to feeling better now though!
1 comment:
thats not fun! i had my appendix out at age 3. its my earliest memory because it was so painful!
Post a Comment