TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Monday, January 7, 2013

Drops of Awesome

My sister told me to read this blog about "Drops of Awesome".  It was a perfect article for me to read, as sometimes I feel like I am the worst mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend, etc.  But I realized that I need to stop being so hard on myself, and look for those tiny times when I am freaking awesome. :)  I am trying to start doing more things that make me awesome, especially when it comes to my husband and kids.  One day I asked McKoy to go out to the freezer and get me some hamburger for dinner.  While he was out there, I hurried and grabbed a dry erase marker and wrote a message (backwards is harder than it looks...)on our sliding glass door.  It was a hit, and made him feel so special. Yeah for a drop of awesome!

It says "McKoy is an awesome kid!" 
(You might notice the "d" in "kid" is actually a "b"...yeah, it was harder than it looks! (: )

2 comments:

Brandi said...

What an adorable idea. Somedays are just so so hard. We always feel like we just can't do enough. I would love to read that article if you still have it.

Brandi said...

What an adorable idea. Somedays are just so so hard. We always feel like we just can't do enough. I would love to read that article if you still have it.