The weekend was JAMMED PACKED with things! Damien had a coaching clinic in Salt Lake, I had Ririe's Distinguished Young Women (Jr. Miss) all day Saturday, and my family was so nice to help so much. They had the four older kids come to their house on Saturday for our Annual Baldwin Family Kite Flying Party. I took Korver with me to Jr. Miss and all the backstage mom's helped me during the interviews. So thankful for everyone's help! Damien got home around nine and met my dad to pick up the kids. He got them all to bed and I got home about 10:30 pm. Damien then ran back to the school to round up some tables, loaded them and unloaded them all by himself, set them up where he was told, then waited for his next job to be announced. :) We got everything set up and ready and were in bed by 2:30 am. Damien had his early meetings at 7 am, so he didn't get much sleep. And all the kids were up by 7, too, so never did I! (Having non-sleeper-in-ers does make it a tad bit easier getting to 9 o'clock church on time though.) Damien gave such a beautiful blessing to our little Korver, and both Damien and I blubbered (well, I did for sure) through our testimonies. How blessed we are!
 |
| We pushed all the furniture to the edges and set up tables downstairs in the family room, |
 |
| and upstairs in the living room/dining room. I used building blocks to hold up pictures of Korver and used that as table decorations. The Poulter family was nice enough to let us borrow their nice folding chairs, and had to pull a trailer up to do so. It was really nice of them. |
 |
| I LOVE turquoise and red, so it was what I used to decorate with. (My mom made a rag quilt for Korver that I use over his car seat-it's turquoise and red-but I don't seem to have a picture of it yet. I'll have to take one and post it real soon.) |
 |
| KBS-Korver Baldwin Smith |
 |
| I put everyone right to work when we got home from church. My family is so great to help. |
 |
| It sure was a houseful, but I love when it's like this! We were blessed to have all eight of my brothers and sisters come. Damien's mom was able to come, and Mike and Tammie. |
 |
| Ashley Cache is holding Korver while wathcing all the craziness. We ended up moving to table outside because they weather lied and it turned out to be quite nice. Windy, though! |
 |
| Michael and Damien cooked up some yummy pancakes. Grandpa oversaw the dishing up-he's a pro at that! We had delicious pancakes, eggs with sausage, hashbrowns (made by Dr. Poulter-and were sooo good-thanks, Jake!), muffins (made by mom, Megan, and Amber), along with juice and chocolate milk. |
 |
Baby Korver and I-
You'd think by #5 you'd remember to take pictures of this special day, but somehow it never happens!
Meggan took a few with my camera, thankfully. |
 |
| The nice little guy is his little white tux. Carter, McKoy, and cousin Jace wore this outfit for their blessings. Thanks to Erickson's for letting me use it again! |
 |
| A quick snapshot of the mom, dad, and babes! |
 |
| Korver loves to hear Grandpa talk. He just stares and stares at him. He is one lucky little boy to have this guy as his Grandpa! |
 |
| Nicholas, Nikkie Sue (kneeling in the pink jacket), Ashley Cache, Megan, and Marie (in the black and white jacket) |
 |
| Cute little Legder with his dad, Nathan |
 |
| Eden LOVES Candace "Caniss" and Hugh"Quey"! And she's actually quite fond of her Uncle Jake Erickson, too. :) |
 |
| These guys are every kid's favorite Aunt and Uncle. Our family is lucky to have Candace as a part of it! |
 |
| Sophia-when did she go and grow up?!?!? |
 |
Megan, Jill, Michael
Side note: Megan Erickson, Meggan Baldwin, Amber, and Ashley Cache are all excpecting babies this year. Korver will be getting three more boy cousins (Megan, Meggan, and Amber) and another girl (Ashley Cache)! So excited! |
 |
| Conner, Kenadee, Sophia, Trey, and Jace |
 |
| Nicholas and Ashley's cute little one, Olivia. |
 |
| Marie, Amber, and cute Ellie |
 |
| Jaden, hilarious Trey, and Jace |
 |
Grandpa and Tammie
I'm sad that I didn't get a group shot of us crazy Baldwin's or one of Grandma Karen! We are so blessed to have so much support from our families. I am grateful everyday to be able to raise our children with lots and lots of family around, helping us in teaching a rearing them.
|
1 comment:
i LOVE seeing all of your family! what a fun day for everyone!
Post a Comment