TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

I wanted to show this cute decoration that my sister Marie gave me.  You might have noticed in the last post she gave me a nice camera she didn't use anymore.  Yeah, she does that-a lot.  Give me things!  I love the peeps inside and got a comment from everyone that happened to come over.  Thanks so much, Marie!  I can't wait to use it for the next holiday/season and find some cute things to feel it with.

The Easter Bunny found his way to our house on Saturday morning.  The kids were so excited to find their baskets!  Addison and Eden got kites, a shovel/rake/hoe set, bubbles, and lots of candy.

Clothes are over rated.  I love this picture of Eden!  She makes us all smile!

Carter was excited about a remote control car, a kite, and tons of candy!

McKoy was just as excited about his car, kite, and candy!

We headed over to the Ririe Community Easter Egg Hunt.  Eden had had a bad night on Friday night (so did Korver, which means so did I!  Between the two of them, I got one and a half hours of sleep!)  and FELL ASLEEP on the way to the egg hunt.  Korver was also asleep in his car seat, so Damien stayed in the car with them while I took the boys and Adds to hunt for eggs!  Yes, it snowed the night before and yes, it was cold!


If you found an egg with a number in it, you could trade it for a prize.  Carter happened to get three numbers, while both Adds and Koy didn't get one.  Carter was so kind to give them each one, and they headed over to their prizes.  Both boys picked a big thing of bubbles and Adds got a cute little stuffed bunny.  It was a fun egg hunt and I am sure we will make it a tradition!

Sunday we went to my mom and dad's for Easter dinner and an egg hunt.   Damien was good about helping the kids find eggs.  It turned out being nice weather so the grand kids had a blast playing in G & G's awesome yard!

Carter tried to get an egg that was placed on top of this pole, but knocked it in the pole instead!  :)  Here he is trying to figure out how in the world he is going to get it out!

Eden found lots of eggs!  She was lucky enough to find some special ones that Grandma and Grandpa had done with prizes inside!  She got FIVE of them, including:  2 shopping trips with Grandma, Rupe's with Grandpa, a day with Grandpa, Kite from Grandpa, and a day with Grandma.  I'll be redeeming these coupons, guaranteed! :)

Carter, Eden, and Mallory running to find those eggs!

McKoy, Conner, and Mallory scoping out the area for more eggs

Mom and Dad have a great backyard and patio...except for one thing...BEES!!!  You'll notice Jake Poulter in the back with a fly swatter trying to kill a few of them.  We can't figure out where they are coming from, but hopefully we find them soon so Emma (Marie's little girl is TERRIFIED of them) can come outside again! :)



Addison found lots of eggs and had a blast playing with cousins.
Love these pictures of this old man and my kiddos.  



Just realized we didn't get one of Gramps and Korver.  We'll have to do that soon!

Mom had the tables so cute!  Here's the "big kid" table.  Trey, Carter, Mallory, Emma, Kate, McKoy, Jace, and Conner.

The "little kid" tables-Addison and McKenna (here in the picture) and also Ledger, Chase, Madelyn, Eden, and Savannah.  Olivia and Phoenix still get to sit in high chairs.  :)

After dinner, we all sat down to watch "Easter Dream".  I was impressed how well all the kids sat and watched, and I got a little choked up as I glanced around the room at all these people I love so much.  I am so thankful to be apart of this family, and so blessed to have a wonderful family of my own.  How thankful I am to our Savior, Jesus Christ, and for his atonement and sacrifice.  I am thankful for the trials and choices I have made in my life, because without them, I wouldn't have the relationship with my Heavenly Father and older brother, Jesus Christ, that I have today.  I am a stronger person because of my choices, and I am always striving to do a little better each day.  
Haha!  Won't this be a funny one to show Carter's friends in a few years! :)  He woke up fevered and not feeling good at all.  (He has been sick a lot in the last 3 months-strep twice and lots of stomach bugs)  He stayed home from church. You can see by the look on his face just how happy he was that his mom made him stand in this picture with the rest of our kids, but it was Easter Sunday, and I am trying to be better with taking pictures.  Our camera's batteries were dead (of course) and we were running a little late for 9:00 am church (of course) so Damien snapped this with his new phone (Droid Bionic).  


1 comment:

Halli said...

Clothes are WAY over-rated!! :) That picture just cracked me up!