TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Weeks 2 & 3 with Korver

Addison is such a good helper!  Some of you might cringe, but I totally let her carry the baby around the house like this! :)  He hasn't been dropped yet!

Eden LOVES to hold Korver.  We are already in a pretty consistent schedule with her "holding time".  When she wakes up, she comes down and sits on the couch.  Then she asks, "Can I watch Dora and hold Korver?"  What a good helper while I get her and Addison breakfast!

No, I don't have smudged make up on...those are dark circles from no sleep.  But it's totally worth holding Korver!  This is my favorite-with his little bottom up in the air and arms up!  I could do it all day, and am trying to! :)
 Some snapshots of Korver:




McKoy was snapping some pictures while I was nursing.  Notice the circles are slightly less dark...  And I do try to read or blog while I sit and nurse.  I have it down now to type while I nurse!  So you can thank Korver for the blog getting so caught up...he nurses a lot!








I have to make sure and add this so I can remember it.  Addison is so good at feet massages!  She rubbed my feet almost every day while I was pregnant, and she has kept it up even after Korver was born.  She rubs my favorite lotion on my feet while I nurse, and smiles and chats the whole time.   I'm pampered! :)


More pictures snapped by McKoy...



He loved that Korver was so conked out...his little hand was limp so McKoy could move it how ever he wanted. 


"McKoy, quit taking my picture!"
Korver was so comfy laying there with Dad and McKoy....

...until his mom started taking pictures!

Korver really likes his swing.  It has music and vibration modes and he spends lots of time in these when his mom has to stop holding him and actually get something done!

Addison was making silly faces while holding the baby for me...


Addison and Eden love playing dollies.  They play for hours, having the dolls eat with them,  help with chores,  sleep with them, etc.


Isn't this new dolly the girls got so cute???  :)  Oh, wait---that's no doll!  That's Korver!

The first week of life, Korver didn't sleep very good unless his mom was holding him.  But then I remembered a little trick I have used with all my other babies---laying them on a pillow.  I know most people don't do this, but I have done it with all my kids and they are okay. :)  For the picture, you can obviously see it worked with Korver too!

Korver seems to get a little stuffy at night, so the pillow has really helped him breath better, too.

This is a sight I never want to forget-my sweet little Eden with her chubby little thumb stuck in her mouth and her other little chubby hand rubbing her ear with a fringe from her blanket.  

Nap time in mom's bed!  Yes, Korver was asleep, but other than him, mom was the only other one to fall asleep!

He sleeps so good when he can hold someone's hand or arm.  Adds laid here by him forever with her little arm aside his head, and him holding her arm.

Don't you love Eden's morning hair? It's adorable when she comes walking out of her room with this crazy hair, sleepy eyes, and a big ole smile on her face!  

She got Korver back to sleep this morning, and boy was he conked!!!

No comments: