TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

McKoy is 7!

I can't believe our little McKoy is already seven years old!  He has the biggest heart and the cutest smile-we are so glad he is a part of our family!  We had to be sure to include breakfast in bed for his birthday.  It's one tradition that this boy LOVES!  And it was of course, a pancake shaped liked a #7.

Since it was a school day, he was excited to take a birthday treat to share with his class.  The school has a rule about no homemade goodies, so I told him he'd have to pick something I could buy at a store.  I was pretty surprised that he picked Little Debbie Oatmeal Pies.  That morning I ran to the store to grab a couple boxes of the yummy cookies, only to find NONE at Broulim's!  That was seriously my luck that day!  So I searched the store trying to think of something McKoy would think was cool, and found gummy bugs in the Halloween candy.  Thankfully, he thought those were awesome and was glad every kid in class got to have 2!

Damien was not going to be able to be around on his birthday, so I decided to take the birthday to him.  We took a store bought cake, McKoy's presents, and loaded up all the kids (including Madi and Gabe) as soon as they got home from school and drove the forty minutes to Ririe.  McKoy was so happy to get a BB Gun this year!  He was also glad dad was able to be a part of his special day!

No comments: