Don't let the smile deceive you, he was in some serious pain! McKoy is a mover. McKoy is a shaker. I was watching the kids jump on the trampoline on Wednesday and when I called them to come eat snack, they all hurried to scramble down the ladder. McKoy was in too big a hurry to go down the ladder and jumped off the tramp, like he has done a million times before. He landed funny on his arm and I heard his "I'm not joking around-I'm really hurting" scream/cry. I am sad to say I didn't really give him more than a "On man, I'm sure that hurts....let's get you laying down...I know, I know, stop crying...it can't be that bad..." But after a couple hours and he was still crying and hadn't moved off my bed at all, I knew it must have really been hurting. I decided I better run him over to the doctor, so with all the kids in tow (Carter, McKoy, Addison, Eden, Colter, Madi, and Gabe) we loaded up and drove over. The doctor felt like it probably wasn't broken, since elbows tend to be harder to break, but also harder to detect without an x-ray. He insisted we head to Blackfoot for an x-ray since the clinic didn't have one. I am so thankful for a good mom and sisters who are always so willing to help me when I'm in a bind. They watched the rest of the kids for me while I ran him in for the x-ray. It did end up being broken-just a tiny fracture-and didn't require a hard cast. He did have to wear a soft cast, that was molded for him by Dr. Pederson, an orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Pederson also wanted him to wear the cast for about 3 weeks with no rough housing activity! (yeah, easy for him to say...) McKoy had to miss baseball this summer but was healed enough to do swimming lessons. He is one tough little man!

No comments:
Post a Comment