My wonderful family always works hard to make sure my Mother's Day is special. This year was no exception! Damien let me sleep in (a huge deal to me because I tend to be slightly moody when I have to wake up before 7:00-doesn't mix well with motherhood so I am slowly changing that...) and the kids came in so excited for me to come out and see my present!
Yes, I got a Bosch!!!
I've been wanting one of these for years, but always felt like it was too much and we had other things to pay for that were more important. I was so happy to be getting one!
The kids kept bringing in flowers all morning, one by one, making a pretty impressive bouquet! I love that they are so thoughtful. McKoy had been watching one particular tulip down the road in a vacant house's yard for a few days. Breakfast was finished and we were all kind of just relaxing, when I realized I hadn't seen McKoy for a while. We all started hollering for him, but he never showed up. I noticed that his bike was gone, and I started to get a tad bit worried. Carter had a "light bulb moment" and told me he'd be right back. He jumped on his bike and raced down the road, only to come back a few minutes later with his brother behind him. McKoy had the hugest smile on this face and something hidden behind his back. He handed me this beautiful, huge tulip. He had snuck down to that house to get that flower, and he waited until Mother's Day so he could give it to me.
Damien made my favorite breakfast-biscuits and gravy. He was having problems with the gravy and asked me to come check it out for him. I took a look and told him to add a little more flour. He did, and we waited and stirred, but still the gravy wasn't thickening. So I dumped in a little more flour, and as soon as I did, I realized our mistake! Earlier in the week, I had re-organized my kitchen a little and had moved the flour into a bigger container, and the POWDERED SUGAR into the old flour container! Which would have been completely fine, except for the fact that I forgot to mention this little tiny fact to anyone else in the family! So we tried to salvage the gravy, but it was still not so good. But it is the thought that counts, so THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY!
| Addison's gift for me that she made in Sunbeams |
| Carter did this in school-I love that he guessed that I was 4'8 and that reading is such a HUGE part of my life. :) I'm always sneaking a page or two here and there and he apparently notices! :) |
| Form McKoy-He made it in school |
| From the best example of motherhood ever, my mom! |
2 comments:
What a great Mother's Day! Way to go little Smith family! You're a wonderful mother and totally deserve to be pampered often.
Hilarious story about the powedered sugar. The great thing about blogging...you can always remember that! You are such a great mom and do so much. Each time I talk to you I am more inspired to be better!
Post a Comment