




After taking a few bites of my delicious breakfast, I heard the scraping of forks, clanking of cups, and the laughter of kids out in the dining room. Feeling a little silly sitting in my big bed all alone as I stuffed my face, I wandered out to join them. Here's some photos I snapped.
Carter made this awesome flower basket at school and I couldn't let breakfast pass without snapping a picture of these adorable biscuits that Damien cooked up, and from scratch too, of course!
Mike, Tammie, and boys joined us for our Sacrament Meeting where the boys sang a special musical number, "Families Can Be Together Forever", with two other sets of brothers. It was so great to see those six little boys singing with all their might how we are going to be together forever with our families. One couldn't help think how in ten to fifteen years they'll all be on missions serving the Lord. The boys also sang "Mother, I Love You" and "Mother Tell Me a Story" with the rest of the primary. Damien and I taught our Sunday School lesson, and then he took Eden for me so I could actually hear, and enjoy, the Relief Society lesson. After church, Damien and Mike cooked up some great steaks with all the fixings. I am so blessed to have such a great family and know that I take them all for granted sometimes. I struggle a lot with the overwhelming responsibilities I place on my shoulders, but am forever grateful for a family who loves me none the less. Thanks for making this year's Mother's Day memorable!
2 comments:
What a sweet post. I am amazed by Damien's heart shaped biscuits...what a husband! You are such a great mom. I am glad that I have such amazing examples to look up to!
Ashley - you really are an awesome mom - I think of you often and how great you are! What a precious family you have!
Post a Comment