Damien and I are famous for using a good ole' game of ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS to decide life altering decisions like
who has to change Eden's dirty diaper,
who has to get up out of bed and make sure the front door is locked,
who has to bath the girls,
who has to take the Redbox movie back,
who has to teach our Sunday School lesson that week,
who gets the remote,
who has to walk downstairs and turn the basement lights off before bed,
etc etc etc.
I am known for losing, and Damien tells me it is because I am SOOO predictable, so I have been trying to shake things up a bit lately and I'll throw out a scissors just to catch him off guard. This exact thing happened the other Saturday when I was NOT wanting to make dinner that night. It was about three in the afternoon, and I had the brilliant idea of having a PRS contest to see if I could get out of my dinner responsibilities. We both agreed on best out of three, and after Damien covered my rock with his paper, and I smashed his scissors with my rock, it was down to the last count of three. One, two, three, Ashley-Scissors! Damien-Paper! I WIN!!! I was pumped, obviously, to not have to make dinner that night and was totally expecting something like spaghetti, tacos, grilled cheese, you know, all those things I do when I don't want to make dinner. But what does Damien pull out of the oven?
Freaking Leg of LAMB!!!! (we had some lamb in the freezer for awhile, and I don't know really what to do with it, so there it has sat...)
He was so proud of himself! I really think we should have him become the full time chef in this house-he does such a good job in the kitchen. On a more serious note though, I really am grateful for his help and his willingness to eat whatever is placed before him-even if it's hot dogs and pork and beans or some other menu a little lower an the totem pole than leg of lamb.
10 comments:
Chad and I play alot of PRS ourselves! Sometimes when I suggest it, he will say "I will just do it." I have to explain to him that it doesn't work that way, because if he just does it then I feel guilty, but if he does it because I won...no guilt! PRS is the best!
Ha Ha! I love this post and I love that picture of Dame looking so pleased with himself! Ha Ha Ha!!! It reminds me of when my dad used to make chili (once a year for the ward chili cook-off).... He had that same look on his face. :0)
that's great i love it!! i love rach's excuse of being pregnant!! good thing that i like to cook!
Hilarious picture of Damien! And wow, I am impressed, I wouldn't even know where to start with a lamb! Good job! I think Spence and I will need to start doing paper, rock, scissors for sure!
I can totally relate! (my least favorite is walking down stairs to turn off the lights!....or making dinner)
THe other day the kids were sick so Travis stayed home from church with them so I could go. WHen I got home Travis cooked dutch oven chicken. Hunter tasted it and said, "Dad is in charge of the cooking from now on." Hee hee. I wish! But it is great when they cook up something good every once in a while huh!
Way-to-go Damien!
That looks delicious! Impressive!
Gee Whiz! That looks good!! We have a few games of PRS ourselves!!!
HA HA HA...that is hillarious! Lamb...really??? who cooks lamb? That is great!
Ashley! That's awesome! I love Damien's smug face in that pic - you can almost see him say, "bet you weren't expecting this!" Anyway, you guys look like you're doing great and happy as ever! xx
That is too funny! That's a wonderful idea of Rock Paper Scissors- Maybe I need to try to implement it into our marriage more :)
Post a Comment