TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Thursday, February 25, 2010

{Leap Year Baby}

My older sister, Marie, was born on Leap Year, and was named for my Grandma Marie, who was also born on Leap Year. Marie is such a good big sister, and I am so grateful to have her in my life. Before Megan and I headed out to North Carolina, we wanted to do something special for her. We decided to throw a little surprise party with all our kids and have a yummy breakfast for lunch (her favorite). Here's some pictures of that fun day...
Here's Marie, Emma, and Chase walking in as we all jumped out and yelled "SURPRISE!!!"
I hung this little banner up (I know you can't see the letters) and laughed hysterically when we realized it said, "HAPPY BIRTDAY!" instead of "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" This is funny to us because my family says this all the time in our little redneckish-for-lack-of-a-better-way-to-describe-it voice. "HAPPY BIRTDAY!"
All the little kids hiding behind my couch, waiting for Aunt Marie to come!!
Our yummy breakfast waiting to be devoured by lots of hungry mouths. We had eggs and sausage, and waffles with strawberries and cool whip. Yummy yummy!

We really hope Marie knows how thankful we are to her for everything she does to help us out. We are grateful her and her family live closer now too!

2 comments:

JMP said...

Well, sheesh! That's a nice post! That was so nice of you! That picture of all the kids behind the couch darn near makes me cry. I am lucky!

Amber McArthur said...

Looks like a fun party...which we could have been there!