TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Friday, March 5, 2010

-family outing-

I don't know about you, but we have SPRING FEVER BAD!!!
We have been spending the last couple Saturdays "hanging" out at home, and that tends to lead to trouble...
The usual Saturday morning finds me as ornery as an 'ole bear because I have a strong belief that people should not rise before the sun does (just to prove my point, Addison's first thing she asks her mommy when she wakes up is "Is the sun awake?") and I hate the feeling of having a list of things to do, but with absolutely no motivation to do it. For some reason whenever my husband is home, I just want to sit next to him on the couch and hold hands (ha ha I'm sure) but usually end up puttering around the house, getting nothing really accomplished, and growing more resentful each time I walk through the living room and see the boys watching yet another sporting event. In the end, I eventually give up on Saturday chores and plop on the couch and munch on food that tends to settle right about {here}...

Well, NO MORE, we said, NO MORE!
So another Saturday rolled around but we were nowhere to be found in or around the city of Shelley. We borrowed Damien's dad's two snow machines, loaded up three duffel bags and two garbage sacks of winter clothes, and traveled to the great Swan Valley for a day of fun. And fun it was!
(All for a few minor mishaps, for example, Damien running off the trail and getting stuck because he was trying to drive, comfort a wiggly baby, and chat with the boys in the back all at the same time...)
We were lucky to catch some friends, Kyle and Jessica, and their cute little family, coming out as we were going in (what with me and my early riser-ness and all), and they let us borrow the trailer that is hooked onto Damien's snow machine for the boys to ride in. And thanks to Jessica, we have a picture with the whole family in it! We took hot dogs and buns, chips and bottled water, made a little camp fire, and had a mini feast! Delish! Our kids had perma-grins for the rest of the weekend, Damien and I felt refreshed and happy, and kept asking each other, "Why don't we do this more often???" We are looking forward to spending another Saturday in the great outdoors!

6 comments:

Sabra said...

I was wondering if you would post pictures. My mom said that she saw you. Looks like fun.

We've had spring fever too.

Unknown said...

what a fun outing! good for you! its great to read your blog and think that even if i am not a super early riser with super-powers, that there is still a small chance that i could be an awesome mom like YOU someday! love ya, ash!

Halli said...

How fun!!! I can't believe how much snow there is! Ours is all gone....

Emily said...

What a blast! Snowmobiling is about the only good thing that comes from cold weather. :) I love all the different things you do with your kids to make traditions. I especially loved how you each took a stand on the pedestal and were complimented. Everybody needs that! Eden's pony tail is so cute and I was sorry to read about your sick kids. They were still so pretty when they were sick. I'll have to show Jeff those pix of that mountain lion! Crazy! Love all the little get togethers you sisters are having and look forward to reading about your trip back east!

Lettie said...

What a fun trip. I'm sure the boys were in heaven.

JMP said...

What a fun day. My fav is the little tiny faced girl loving every minute of it.