TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Table

We have been married for seven and a half years now, and for our wedding, we received a great kitchen table. That table was sturdy for all nine of our moves, lots of scrubbing motion to rid it of crayon and marker mishaps, and more spills than this mom can count. The four chairs that came with the set have slowly died off, leaving me no choice but to use mismatched folding ones in their place. It was on it's last leg, almost literally. So when Marie and Jake moved into my mom's house while they are on their mission, their kitchen table needed a new home. I was so glad to bring it here! It was the same size of table as our old one, but had wonderful benches that easily fit our growing family. It was a keeper. But after a very chaotic Sunday dinner including the spilling of milk by four out of the five people sitting at the table, Damien and I realized it was time to find a BIG table. The next morning, we set aside a portion of our tax return to buy one. The plan was to go out looking for one that night when he got home. After talking to family and friends about just how much to budget, we figured we could get a great table, including enough chairs for all of us, for around $1000. So that's what we budgeted...Well, as I was going through out my day, I thought of KSL Classifieds and said to myself, "I should check for tables on that...." So I did. And would you believe it, the very first add under "Dining Tables", which had been posted for exactly two minutes, was this one...

...I instantly got Damien on the phone to have him check it out (he loved it too) and then got on the horn to make the rounds of calls to mom and sisters....(have to make sure they approve before I make big purchases....ha ha) Since they all approved, I called the seller and bought the thing! I was so excited! It came with six big sturdy chairs covered with leather, and the table can go up to 108', enough to seat 10-12 people easily, when all the leaves are in. We were lucky to find it. Or I should say blessed, since it only cost me $500 bucks!!! Now I am going to go to Wal Mart and to buy that $90 sewing machine I have been eyeing for months....Yeah!!!

We did have to travel down to Utah on a Saturday to pick up our new purchase, so decided to make a fun day of it. We have never taken our boys to the Hill Air Force Museum, so wanted to do that. Amber, Spence, and Mia came with us. The boys loved it (so did the girls too!) and could have stayed for way longer. Plus, it is free!
Such a perfect picture to illustrate McKoy's tender heart--holding little Mia's hand showing her around the displays at the museum.

Obviously an awful picture, but the only one I took the whole time of the kids, so I have to post it! We will definitely be going there again, and on a warmer day! It was fun to see the Sheets' Family and Hugh and Candace and going out to dinner with them!

3 comments:

Halli said...

I love the new table!! Glad you got a good deal!

JMP said...

Still jealous of the new table. You deserve it! We love the air museum too!

Amber McArthur said...

We love the table too! Especially at the couples party the other weekend at your house...it fit us all for sure! We were glad you got to come down. Mia always loves to have your kids around. I love the pic of her and McKoy...he sure is a sweet boy!