TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home...

Glad as I can be!
Clap my hands and shout for joy
and climb upon his knee!
Put my arms around his neck,
hug him tight like this...
pat his cheeks and give him what,
a great BIG kiss!
(Little Eden conked out by her dad on the couch the other night. She wasn't feeling very good and Mom was just about worn out! How grateful I was to walk out of the bathroom after getting ready for bed, expecting to find a fussy baby ready for her momma, only to find this peaceful little sight)


(I find myself feeling more and more appreciative-if that's even possible-to have this great guy in my life. He is such a good father, and his children absolutely adore him. I'm so thankful to have him as my husband, raising these children and doing our best to stay afloat. Life sure is hard sometimes, but I'd rather have it that way and have Damien at my side rather than have it easy peasy and be alone.
I found all of them chatting and laughing on the love seat the other day and just had to snap a picture or two.}

7 comments:

The Karrens said...

It was so fun to catch up on your blog. I love seeing pics of your cute kids. Hope you are enjoying the snow.

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you're posting again! Love to see your updates on your cute family.

The Hurd Herd said...

What a good dad! I just told Chad last night that I am so glad that I am not a single mom and that I know I will have some help and I don't have to do it all alone. What great guys!

Halli said...

Yay for Damien! Tell him good job! :0) What a good daddy!

Jake and Megan said...

ahhhh what a great post!

Amber McArthur said...

What a good dad. We are glad he is part of the fam. Cute pics!

JMP said...

I was just telling Jake last night what a good dad Damien is. Every time we see him he is holding Eden and she is happy as can be.