TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Sunday, January 31, 2010

{...here kitty kitty...}

My hunky hunter husband was able to take a day OFF for once to do some mountain lion hunting. His hound, named Slick, and his dad's hound, Hannah, treed (ran it up a tree, for all those non hunters...) and they were able to catch a few photos of the huge lion...I don't know about you, but if I were to see this bad boy looking down at me from his perch on that tree, I'd probably need a new pair of pants! Ha Ha...
This guy is HUGE and guess who gets to put the full body mount in her house?!?!?ME!!!!!!!

Good job Damien! The mountain lion was 170 pounds, 7 feet 2 inches long, and had a skull measurement of 15 inches (which is basically h.u.g.e.)

Yeah!!!! :) I was needing some new home decor.....

5 comments:

Halli said...

If you get sick of having the mount in your house, we will borrow it for awhile! :0) Good job Damien!

The Hurd Herd said...

Are you just a really good wife or are you actually excited to hang that up? It is a good thing I didn't marry a hunter!!:)

Damien and Ashley said...

ha ha ha i guess my sarcasm didn't come through the screen real well!!! :) but i decided a long time ago i'd rather have a happy marriage with dead animals starring at me when i walk through the living room than to have a resentful husband because his dead animals have to hang in the garage....:) it's not that big a deal to me, so i just grin and bear it! :)

Bryan and Karalee said...

I would have to get new pants too. I almost have to get new pants when I see a regular kitty....but a mountain lion...I would definatly need new pants!!

That is very impressive though. Nice job Damien!!

Sabra said...

Sooo cool!!! I bet he WAS so excited. My bother Kyle just got one over the weekend!

Hope you have a nice big spot to put your new home decor! :)