Tonight at dinner, Damien noticed a scrape on Carter's eye and asked him, "What happened to your eye?" Carter answered, "I'm not sure..." Then, being the funny girl I am, piped in and said, "Oh, it's just from when I beat him today!" Then, to smash my motherhood ego a bit Carter answered, "Oh, Mom, you didn't beat me....just yelled a lot."
OUCH!!!
I, of course, busted out laughing, as did Damien, and kept laughing, just so I wouldn't start bawling! I guess there's always tomorrow to try a little harder and be a little better, right???
Just thought I'd throw in a funny picture to go with this post. I love how Add's gets right in there with her brothers to play (notice her little guns and headband?) but then loves to wear pretty sparkly shoes and paint her toenails too.
7 comments:
I HATE those moments!!! BUT dont worry, we have them too!
Carts is hilarious. But the longer I am a mom the more I realized how great of examples I have of moms all around me...you included. You do so much and are such a good mom! I love the pic! You have got a pretty tough crew!
Ouch is right! I think we all have days that we wish we had done a little better, but that's just life. You are a great mom even if you have those days. I miss you Ash!
We were at Sportsman's Wearhouse tonight and I saw these little girl Hunting Camo overalls and I thought of your Addy. They were all camo with lace around the pockets and stuff. They were way cute. A lady next to us in line was buying them for her granddaughter. Anyway I thought of you!!
Boy am I way behind on your blog! Life has been crazy, and I need to post some updates too! Anyway, looks liek you're all having a great summer so far! And Ash - you are such an awesome mom! x
Ha ha. Addison is definitely a good mixture. Mom said she saw you at the cousins party and that you continue to look cute as ever! Sad we missed it.
Hey, there's nothing wrong with yelling at your kids :) ha ha
Post a Comment