TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hunky Hunter Husband

Damien and his brother Zane went hunting Friday through Monday in the McCoy Creek area. They were lucky enough (Well, I guess it's not all luck) to each shoot an elk!!! Here's some pics of Damien's big six point...





We think it's slightly smaller than the one that I get to hang in my living room, so he won't get a full head mount down, just a European mount. (For any of you who don't have any clue what I'm talking about, don't feel bad, neither did I seven years ago. Now I'm a pro, I even own a hunting license!!!) I'm really proud of Damien and SO glad that he shot an elk! I'm glad he has this hobby that he enjoys so much. Funny story about that: I was teasing Damien about going hunting one day. He was like, "The only reason I go hunting is for my family, so we can have food." I burst out laughing and said, "I think humans stopped hunting for food like a hundred years ago, Dame!" He didn't think it was very funny and I still like to tease him that the ONLY reason he hunts is to feed his family. Sorry Hon, but that is NOT the only reason!!! But that's alright, and I probably give him way too much grieve about it. He is a great husband and dad!





Here's a picture of Zane's elk!

7 comments:

Nate, Meggan & Ledger said...

Wow!!! We can't believe how huge that elk is. Nathan said that is probably like winning first at a rodeo, ha ha!!! Your new pictures are super cute. It looks like you had fun at the game. Carters school picture is so cute too.

Jake and Megan said...

Great job Dam! It like Jake winning a roping! You are such a nice wife ashley!

The Dipo's said...

They both did really great getting those Elk! My Brothers-in-Law will be really jealous if I showed them the pictures. They've been bugging me to get them Idaho Hunting License for years because I tell them the game is bigger up there. Too bad for them :o) I'm pretty set on leaving the Idaho Game to the Idaho Hunters. :o)

Amber McArthur said...

Is that a moose or an elk? Ha..Ha..Spence gets so embarrassed that I can't tell the difference! Good job Damien! Maybe you should mount this one and put it above your piano? :)

Sabra said...

Cool. Looks like a nice one.

My dad ALWAYS says "he only hunts because he is providing for the family." What a joke! Men!??

I didn't think Zane liked to hunt??!!

Halli said...

Nice elk Dame!! Looks like you had to pack him out. We ALWAYS have to pack them out at least 3 miles... One day we will shoot one that we can drive to.... :)

kjjaco5 said...

You might not like Kyle at all anymore, he said he thinks this one is bigger....You might just have two head mounts!!!LOL JES