TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Monday, August 25, 2008

hApPy BiRtHdAy AdDiSoN!

Our baby girl turned one on Saturday! I can't believe she is already one! I feel like I just barely brought her home from the hospital yet like she's always been around and apart of our family! (I'm sure that makes lots of sense! :) )
Maybe some of you moms will know the feeling...
Us One Year Ago....
This is the first glimpse I had of my beautiful baby girl. As you can see in this picture, she's checking her mom out too. Probably kind of nice to finally put a face to the voice she'd been hearing all those months...
And us now...two peas in a pod you could say...

We celebrated this weekend with a little family party. Mike, Tammie, Cody, Colter, and Zane, and the Erickson Clan all came to help us celebrate! She looked a little bewildered all night-she's used to all the attention-but even this was a little thick for her.

Her Birthday Cake!
I love doing big theme parties but with Addison it was harder since she's so little, so a big number one was all I came up with!

We have the tradition of letting the birthday baby dig into the cake. Well, I can honestly say I've never seen anyone do it quite like Addison. She would hardly even touch it at first and then I had Carter get her a fork. As you can see, that's all it took. She dug in, eating forkful by forkful. Pretty funny to watch.

Here's Adds opening her presents. She got a new car seat (fun, I know) from Mom and Dad, some cute outfits and a baby doll from Mike and Tammie and Boys, a little play cell phone (she's absolutely obsessed with mine, so hopeful this will cure her addiction) from McKoy, and another baby doll from Carter. (He saw one about four months ago and wanted to get it for her so bad, even willing to use his own hard earned money, but I told him to wait until her birthday, which he totally remembered all this time.)



All in all, it was a great birthday! We are so glad to have this special little person apart of our family!!!

2 comments:

Jake and Megan said...

Happy Birthday Adds! We have your birthday present still at our house and Mallory can't wait to give it to you. We love you adds!

Elam's said...

Doesn't time just fly! I made a cake exactly the same as the one you made when Adilee turned 1 though it was pink! Is that her first purse?! We have so many of them around our house - the girls just can't get enough of them!