TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our Fun Weekend

After being invited by my sister, Nikki Sue. and her husband, Bruce, to come and visit them in Heber City, we drove down there this past weekend. We were in desperate need for a change of scenery as ours has been just work, work, work for the last couple of months. We arrived on Friday and Nikki Sue took us all out on their boat. It was so fun and the boys loved every minute of it! Here are some pictures of us enjoying the sun and water....

McKoy and Damien enjoyin' the ride


Carter and Ashley


McKoy patiently waiting his turn on the tube


Carter's Ready to Jump In!


Addison's Idea of Boating




After she woke up Nikki let her take over for awhile....


Addison ended up enjoying her time on the boat. This is her calling grandma to tell her all about it...(my cell phone is one of her favorite toys)


Just to give you all a little sea sickness, I decided to post this video of McKoy, Damien, and Carter on the tube! Have your doggy bag ready-it's a tad bit shaky...


On Saturday, Bruce took us out for awhile on the boat while Nikki stayed home with Kenadee and Addison. Damien and I both tried knee boarding and we all rode the tube again. It was windy with huge waves-just right for a wild tube ride!

Later that day, Bruce adn Nikki watched our boys while Damien and I (and Addison) went to Park City for a quick shopping trip. We found some school clothes for both Damien and Carter, Damien will be the best looking teacher at Shelley this year!

That night, we had a couple of Nikki's Beehive girls come over and watch all the kids while we went to a Demolition Derby, yes that's right, a Demolition Derby. To be honest, I wasn't sure I would enjoy it and had never been to one before. But I soon realized that I must have some "WT" blood in me because I was loving it! It was hilariously fun and we all really enjoyed ourselves! They had fireworks afterwards, which me and Nikki hurried back home for to watch with the kids straight from her backyard!

We ended on Sunday going to church with Nik, then driving to Ogden to visit Damien's mom, have a Farewell Sunday dinner for Nicholas and Ashley (who moved to Yakima, Washington for med school) with Sheets (my sister Jill's fam) Poulters (my sister Marie's fam), my brother Hugh, and my mom. We were sad to say good bye to Nitch and Ash and their girls, Kate and Savannah! I am so glad we have our blogs-they won't feel as far away! Before arriving in Shelley, we stopped in Blackfoot for Jace's 7th birthday party! Fun stuff!

All in all, we had a great time! Thank you Larkin Family for being such great hosts! We are so glad we have a such great family!

1 comment:

Jake and Megan said...

Looks like tons of fun! Nikki & Bruce are always great hosts. Gladyou guys had fun. Thanks for coming to Jace's party.