The weekend of the Baldwin Family Reunion in Heber City, I started to feel a pain on the left size of my neck. I had numbing and tingling all down my arm and fingers. It was, at first, very annoying and hurt to turn my head towards the right, but quickly got very painful,even causing headaches/migraines over the next couple of weeks. I had had these things happen sometime, like if I had strained my neck or had a pinched nerve,but they always seemed to work themselves out and feel better after a week or so. Well, after almost a month of severe pain and less mobility, Dr. Poulter was nice enough to have me come in and take a look at it. After asking a few questions and checking my neck, he felt it was a bulging disk that was causing all this pain. He had me come back the next week for a shot of anti-inflammatory steroids (or something like that). Now, Baldwins are infamous for their reactions on a little anesthesia, but since I only had a little, it wasn't that bad. At least that is what I thought. Damien sure thought I was funny though and kept giggling at me. I knew what was going on around me but am pretty sure I was making strange movements and saying a few strange things. I do remember the nurses talking about Geraldine's Bakery and about picking up donuts for the next day, to which I responded, "I WANT A DONUT!" :) True colors coming out a bit, I believe!
I am so happy to say that since about a week after that shot, I have been pain free and feeling so much better! It was such a relief to be feeling better, as it was starting to wear on my family, house, laundry pile, etc. Many days I would have to go lie down, and the kids would have to fend for themselves. One morning, I was in so much pain. After trying to get breakfast going but feeling awful, I told the girls ( the boys were off checking trail cameras with Dad) to finish up and help Korver get out of his high chair when he was done, then went to lie back down. A little later I heard tiny footsteps and opened up my eyes to see these sweet girls bringing me some breakfast.
Chocolate milk, berries, and cinnamon-sugar toast.
(Can I have some toast with that sugar??)
So thankful for sweet girls who tried so hard to take care of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment