TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Table Makeover

I had this old coffee table hanging around here and I wanted to use it as a game/art table for the family room.  I don't have a playroom, and the girls love to color, glue, paint, etc., and this usually ends up happening on he dinging room table.  I really wanted to have a space for them downstairs, so we, and by we, I mean Damien :), took off the old table legs and added simple 4 x 4 legs.  My first plan was to make it child sized-low to the ground-but then Damien suggested we make it taller so that even he and I could sit at it comfortably.  I'm so glad we decided to do that! My awesome handy brother Hugh built me this benches-they turned out great!  
The top of the table had kind of a bead board look, and I wanted it flat so we could draw and color on it without the annoying lines, so I filled them all with caulk and then we sanded that baby until we could feel our hands.  Carter was a big help!

Primed it all and sprayed it my favorite color, Heirloom White.
Taped off a chevron pattern and painted it a nice chocolate brown-same color I used for my computer armoire and bookshelves.  And painted the benches the same brown.  
Sanded the table and benches to give it a distressed look.
Love how it turned out and we use it all the time!

1 comment: