TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Girl's Weekend 2012


We had our Girl's Weekend the first weekend in November.  All the Idaho girls headed to Utah on Thursday afternoon, picked up Amber and Jill, and met Candace in Bountiful to eat.  We went to a few stores, then headed to Larkin's awesome new house in Highland.  Bruce is always so good to let us over take his home for those couple of days and Kenadee gets right in the action usually.  She's a hoot and growing up so fast.
UnfortunatelyAshley Cache wasn't able to come from Arizona, and Megan Erickson didn't get to come at the last minute because of sick kids.  It definitely wasn't the same without them!  Ash is usually my gaming partner so I missed her! :)  We had three babies along this time:  Meggan had Hendrix, Amber had Graham,  and I had Korver.  Graham and Hendrix were still at that age where the will nurse anywhere and sleep in their car seats.  Korver, on the other hand, thinks if someone makes a peep while he is nursing they are  actually trying to have a conversation with him, so he has to look at whoever is talking, and HATES (might not even be a strong enough word for it) his car seat and riding in it.  And likes to be right by his mom at every second, even when I just have to go the bathroom.  So even though I love him to pieces  he will not be invited ever again to Girl's Weekend. :)

On Friday morning, we got up early to go to Logan to my cousin, Kelsey Naylor's, wedding in the Logan temple.  It was an awesome sealing and I thought the sealer was amazing. He had so many good points and lots of good advice for the cute couple.  I was so glad we were able to go.  It is always good to see the King family.  We attended their yummy luncheon, did some shopping' and drove back to Ogden for awhile, then on to Highland.  There was lots of time spent in the car this girl's weekend, which was SUPER FUN for me and Korvs, haha.  I have the most fun when we are all just hanging out and chatting.  Friday night we got awesome burritos from a really yummy Mexican place, got some treats, and headed back to Larkin's for our "favorite things".  Marie even "face-timed" Megan on her iphone as we did them.  This year was so fun to see everyone's favorites.
Mom:   small garbage sacks (rather than using Walmart bags, etc.), a big clear glass bowl that is the perfect size for making carmel apples, and her amazing carmel apple recipe.  She also gave her favorite Lindor candy.
Nikki Sue:   Stephen's hot chocolate, chocolate and vanilla marshmallows, and a cool recipe book for frozen dough kid's ideas.  
Jill:  subscription for a Taste of Home magazine for each of us. 
Marie: A copy of All Fit with Allie, the Zumba workout that she has been doing lately.  
Meggan (Arave): cool straw cups with a lid and a Christmas CD that Nate gave to her a long time ago.  
Megan: Thanksgiving Subway art picture in a frame. 
Candace:  awesome smelling Yankee candles.
Ashley:  Dairy Queen gift cards
Amber:  cute infinity scarves

Everything was so neat to get and I am excited to try it all out!
Saturday we went to Kneader's for french toast-totally amazing and something I hope we keep in the Girl's Weekend line up!  Then we made our way north and hit lots of stores on our way!  Korvs kept on screaming and I kept on fake smiling about his screaming!  Haha!



No comments: