TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Trip to the Zoo

Today the phone rang around 11:00 am.  I was still in my pajamas ('cuz, seriously, who gets dressed before noon???) and was nursing the baby.  The girls were having one of THOSE days, and I was trying to find some motivation to get out of the rocking chair and do something.  The house was a mess, I had tons of projects to do, and extremely sleep deprived.  So when I answered the phone and heard our new friend and neighbor from down the road, Jessie Boone, say she was going on strike for the day and taking her kids to the zoo, I was more than happy to agree to join her.  We had every one dressed and ready, with a picnic lunch packed, in less than thirty minutes-that's quite the accomplishment for me!  
{Getting ready to enter the zoo.}  
Eden and Addison were looking forward to seeing the animals.
The first thing we saw was this amazing peacock strutting his stuff.  It was so cool!


Jessie was so nice to the girls-she picked Eden right up so she could see the otters swimming around.

I don't think Addison even blinked...

We had a blast with Jessie and her boys and are so glad she called!

Side note:  We happened to go on the same day that Shelley schools were there.  I saw tons of old ward members and friends so that was an added bonus to our fun trip!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

way to be spontaneous! i bet it felt great to get out of the house!