TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Basketball Season 2011-2012

Damien's four seniors for this season-Morgan Sommers, Brooke Bowden, Cierra Radin, and Paige Wood


Love this picture!  "Please don't get hurt" had to be filtering through Damien's mind! :)

Whoosh!  They made it!

The whole team and coaching staff.  Tracee Layton was the team manager.  Amy Gammet was so helpful as an assistant coach and has become such a good friend to Damien and I.  We have known her and her family for years, but have so appreciated her support and hard work she does for us and the team.   She helps me organize concessions, team meals, etc.  Her family loves our children, and the feeling is mutual!  





This year I was glad to get Bulldog shirts for me and the kids.  We wore them to every game!  Eden LOVED hers, as did the rest of the family, and it sure made getting ready for games a lot easier!  I never had to think about what to wear, and as long as I kept up on laundry and made sure the shirts were clean, we were good to go!  

Sweet little Addison was one of dad's biggest fan!

I love this picture of these boys.  Damien is so good about having his family be a part of his team.  Carter and McKoy know more about basketball than most nine and seven year olds because of their dad!

Go Coach!  
Damien chooses a team motto every year to focus on.  This year it was based on a video we found and and the saying "212".  The team loves finding out the team motto every season and Damien spends all the off season coming up with new ideas.  At the end of the season, I make a highlight video for the team.  It takes hours and hours of editing and cutting film, but I enjoy that kind of stuff on the computer and hope the girls appreciate it!


We were hoping for a trip to Boise this year, but they weren't able to make it and ended up third in district.  Overall, it was a good season and they had a great time.  One of his seniors, Brooke Bowden will be going to play college ball at Northwest College in Powell, Wyoming, the same place my little sister Amber went.  


1 comment:

Halli said...

That 212 video is awesome Ash! Did you do that?!? You are amazing!