TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Basketball

Our summer was once again filled to the brim with all kinds of stuff!  Damien is working again for the Forest Service (the man never gets a break!) and most weekends were filled with basketball tournaments. 

May 27-28:  Butte Tournament-We pulled the camper and stayed the weekend with the team.  The kids have a blast!
June 3-4:  North Fremont Tournament-We weren't able to go to this one-McKoy had broken his elbow and Carter had Day Camp for Scouts.
June 10-11: Ririe Tournament- This was the first time Ririe has been able to have a nice enough facility to hold a tournament.  It was A LOT of work for both Damien and I, but it went really good and we plan on doing one every summer.  We had both JV and Varsity teams, a total of 26.  We pulled our camper and stayed in it so we could be right there on site if someone needed something.  We had a few teams stay over night, so we needed to have someone there at all times to make sure things were ok.  I ran a concessions stand for the weekend.  I had tons of help from Mom, Marie, Megan, Cheree Bowden, Amy Gammett, and a few others.  I had the girls on the team bring baked goods-they brought tons and we sold every one!  We made about $1100 on the concessions for the girl's basketball program.  Tammie helped with the girls, and they ended up sleeping over there on Friday night.  It was nice to have so much help and we really appreciated it!
June 17-18: Carey Tournament-  We weren't able to go to this one either since Carter had baseball games. 
July 5-9: Gonzaga Team Camp-  The team and coaches were able to take 14 girls to a team camp at Gonzaga University.  They all road in Guy Bowden's big RV, and spent their days playing ball and creating some team unity.  Damien didn't get any pictures, so I stole some from one of his player's Facebook pages. :) 
Looks like a good team building exercise...

All this ball playin' is hard of them coaches!

The girls with one of the Gonzaga team members

Gonzaga happen to be the BULLDOGS too!

Some of the girls getting a picture with David Stockton, John Stockton's son, who plays for Gonzaga.

Guy Bowden and Damien, with one the the players from the Gonzaga Girl's Team.  He couldn't remember her name, but remembers that she could play some serious ball!

1 comment:

Halli said...

This is way cool! I wish I would have known they were up here!!! We would have drove up and said hi!