TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 2010 {tee ball and baseball}

Ok, this next sentence may just qualify me as worst mother of the year. I somehow do not have one picture of Carter's baseball season. Not one. How did this happen, you might ask? I don't know! I'm asking myself this same question right now! I did take my camera to every game, but I think the difference is that it was actually Carter that took all those pictures of McKoy's games, and what a help he was to me as I tried to keep an eye on my little crew. So, thanks, Carter, for taking one for the team, and know that I love watching you play, even though I don't have a picture to look back on! I will learn from this, and hope to not repeat it again! I did scan his individual/team picture above, though. His coach, Melissa Pfannenstiel, who also coached him in Junior Jazz, did a great job! She really taught her players the game of baseball, trying hard to make it more like a real game instead of a disorganized practice. We appreciate the time those volunteer parents put in.

 
McKoy played his second season of tee ball this past June. He was, of course, super excited, as he loves any and all kinds of sports! I think back to the day that I took him to his first practice. He was the 2nd kid there, and his coach, Troy Taylor, asked him what his name was. He quietly whispered, "McKoy". He could honestly just melt my heart-he is so sweet. For those of you that know our little McKoy, you know what I am talking about. Anyway, I watched him slowly come out of his shell and participate in practice. He's as fast as can be, and I loved seeing him run around the bases with the rest of the little tee ballers. McKoy has always been able to use both his left and right hands pretty good, and he seems to bat left handed more comfortably, so that is what we usually had him do. He is quite the little slugger! This year he really got the hang of actually catching the ball when it was thrown to him. That tiny little tee ball mitt got quite a few balls in it this year!

He liked playing the catcher position and did a great job of quickly grabbing the ball and placing it on the tee. That really helped keep those games moving along!


Ok, this is totally classic tee ball picture! McKoy, the runner, with his hands in his pockets, waiting for the next kid to, sooner or later, hit the ball so he can run, the kid on second base sifting sand through his mitt, and the other fielder not even remotely paying attention!

Eden tried to be good as we watched her brothers games each night. She was at the age where she wasn't quite crawling, but wanted to run around like the rest of the kids! I watch kids in my home, and this summer I had three extras, so it was quite a sight to see all seven little kids trailing behind me on the block's walk to the park. Or load them in and out of the van on those rainy days!



McKoy liked playing short stop, and he was pretty dang good at stopping those grounders!


Getting ready to run home-with his hands in his pockets, of course...

He seemed to really enjoy his tee ball season. I don't think he'd disagree with me, however, when I say I can't wait to move on to something a little faster pace!

No comments: