TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

TO THE READERS OF OUR BLOG

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Some Pictures From Our Week

Just thought I'd post some pictures of our amazingly exciting life! Here's some things we've done in the last few days....
McKoy and Mom fingerpaint while Carter is at school

McKoy crashes during TV time. He doesn't take a nap everyday, but about every 3 or 4 days, he needs some extra shut eye...Oh and no, that's not drool on his shirt, he spilled apple juice on him during lunch!!
The boys play downstairs in the playroom building with blocks...
We made cookies (Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip-our favorite) and, of course, had to dawn our aprons....
Carter came out dressed like this for school (yes, he was serious about wearing it to school) and I was laughing so hard while telling him there was NO WAY I was going to let him go to school dressed like that. I just had to take a picture for our blog and his scrapbook. He is such a funny kid with a great imagination!

Carter and McKoy were supposed to be cleaning their room, but I could hear LOTS of noise coming from their room, and when I went to see what they were doing, THIS is what I found....They had made a new game called "Rip Off" and the first boy to rip his brother off the bed 20 times won! I'm glad I had a little sister, I just don't get it! Watch and you'll see...


So no one turn me in for letting my kids do this, but they weren't crying, weren't fighting, and weren't getting hurt, so I just enjoyed the laughter and smiles and tried not to think about how unsafe this "RIP OFF" game really was....


Of course, I only posted pictures of the GOOD things that happened. Some of the highlights I left out are: leaving the store without buying the groceries I needed to feed my family that night because of certain children not listening to me, afternoons and evenings of exhausted boys and me just watching the clock thinking, "one more hour, one more hour...", Addison cutting a top tooth, and trying to find a babysitter so I could go to dinner with my Young Women's presidency (we got released and went to celebrate/mourn....Thank you so much Nate and Meggan and Ledger for watching them!)

SO, yes, my life is not always peaches and cream, but

I'm so glad the GOOD things in my life far outweigh the BAD ones!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Ha! Ha! Those movies were great! I think a house full of boys would be such a fun adventure. You've got to be the best mom, letting finger painting take place in your pretty home. Those are the cutest chefs in the world and I love the outfit Carter chose for school! What a character!

Russ said...

Hey Ashley!! I hardly ever check my comments so I just barely saw then one you left on my profile. Looks like you guys are doing well! And your kids are SO big!!! I guarantee I'll be the last one hitched on our class :)

Sabra said...

Hey Ashley,

I look at your blog every once in a while. (hope you don't mind) You always have such cute things posted. Your family is adorable. It's so fun to see what's going on with you guys .

Jess said...

the games kids com up with are hilarious